Post-op

Previous topic - Next topic

Jlenhardt

Day one: Dec. 31, 2015
Doctor: Dr. Levine
Hospital: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL.
Medicine: Cephalexin-500 MG (Antibiotics), Hydrocodon-Acetaminophen (Pain), Docusate Sodium-100MG (Stool Softener)

I wanted to start the new year off straight. My show time for the hospital was at 0900 and my surgery was scheduled at 1035. I was on the operating rooms table at 1040. Right on schedule. I was out like a light within a minute of getting on the table. The surgery lasted a little over two hours and Dr. Levine did the excision and grafting procedure. I was about a 40 degree bend to the left with an hour glass indention an inch up from the base and 70 degrees pointing up.
 Recovery room: Dr. Levine came and talked to me in pre-op and post-op and said the operation went great. The nurses came in and she explained it to the wife and I and gave us the paperwork on the do's and don't I have to follow. I drank 4 small cans of cranberry juice, two cups of coffee and some crackers. I had to pee first before they let me go home. I was walking out of the recovery room on my own around 1530. We went to CVS pharmacy and dropped of the prescriptions to be filled. After we got home I went straight to the recliner and the wife made me some hot tea and some home made vegtable soup. I took my first pain pill around 2100. I had a little bit of pain but I didn't want to wait until I was in full blown pain. I will be sleeping in the recliner tonight because the doctor said I need to sleep on my back.
 I was very pleased with Rush Hospital. We arrived way to early, no traffic going downtown to hospital. They gave us our own waiting room to wait in until I went to pre-op. Rush is a first class hospital.
Dr. Levine is one of the best in his specially field and I will always be ever so grateful to him.

Day two tomorrow evening.

Jlenhardt

Day Two
I took one pain pill last night before I went to bed because I was starting to get some zinging pain in my penis. I woke up a couple of times during the night. I think my penis is starting to come back alive. I feel pretty good. I haven't taken my pain medicine since that one pill. I take antibodics twice a day. I don't have any pain during the day, I just chill out and watch TV. I get around just fine. If it wasn't for my penis being wrapped up and my testicles and my head being black and blue I wouldn't even think I was operated on. I get to unwrap it tomorrow and take a good look at my penis and see how blak and blue it really is.

Pfract

Just try not to get too scared at it!! I would be!  Haha good luck on the recovery!  

Jlenhardt

Hello Pfract,  I'm not scared of the way it looks. I figure any penis that gets operated on isn't going to want to come out and play for quite a while. The last two nights I have been woken up with erections, but last night it was a lot more firmer and it hurt a lot more. I finished taking the last of my antibiotics today. I'm able to take a shower and lightly wash my penis without it hurting. I put Bag Balm on my stitches twice a day. I wonder how long it takes for them to dissolve? I have an appointment with Dr. Levines PA on the 18th and then I will ask her questions about how my penis is doing. My testicles are still a little black and blue but looking better and my head is no longer black and blue.  

LWillisjr

My stitches took up to 10-14 days to dissolve.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History