Why - Updated Oct 29th 2009

Previous topic - Next topic

why

Greetings to everyone

My story just started:  Woke up one night (Sept 15) with a bad pain.  Went to the bathroom to have a look and was horrified to see my penis bent back at the head!  I hoped this was just a bad dream and went back to sleep.  Next day discovered it was the same.  Has gotten worse since.  I have spent hours every day on the internet to understand this condition.  Im happy to find this forum.  

After researching on the internet I pretty much could understand my condition.  I went to a doctor to get a confirmation and maybe some encouraging words.  he agreed it was Peyronies Disease but could not offer any advice on treatment, in fact I think i knew more about it than he did.  He presented the official line to wait and see what happens and maybe surgery if things got worse.  I told him it was difficult to sleep since i am waking up every two hours with painful erections.  He advised ibuprofen.  Im not willing to just wait.  Based on information from various sites i have started a program of treatment.  Vitamin E, C, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, MSM.  I apply heat and massage with Vit E oil.  I then apply DMSO.  I can only hope and pray that there will be improvement.  I am 57.  I cannot think of any event that might have caused injury.  Since the onset of this condition I have tried to avoid sex with my wife.  I am embarrassed for her to see my deformed penis and erections are painful.  I cannot imagine going the rest of my life like this.  I am trying to remain hopeful and keep my spirits up but I can see that it would be easy to fall into a depression.  This site provides good information and needed support for those inflicted with Peyronies Disease.  Good luck to all.