Possible new injury from 2nd round Xiaflex injection???

Previous topic - Next topic

Crookid

Ive had peyronnies for 1 year. When I started the ziaflex injections I had a 45 degree dorsal bend and erection pain. After the 1st round the pain was much improved and a slight reduction in the bend. My first injection of the 2nd round was not painful but on my way home I began feeling some discomfort. When I removed the wrap about 6 hrs later Mr. Midnight started swelling up and turning red. The redness and swelling was not at all uniform. It looked like welts. It went down by the time I went back for injection #2 of the cycle two days later. The 2nd injection was very painful but no swelling. I left the wrap in all day. I still have a decent amount of pain at the base of the shaft whenever I bend over or put pressure in that area. Last night I woke up with morning wood and noticed it had a bend to the left at the base where the pain is. Has anyone heard of Ziaflex causing a new injury? I've not had this sideways bend but I didn't have a full erection nor did I get up to better investigate. I'm gonna be real bummed if it is. I didn't get a full erection and I can't feel a lump. It's just sore at that location. The injection site was up by the glan not even close to my the base. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Crookid

She's the NP at U of Mich. She has been giving them for years and administers the most in the state.  

swiss

None of this stuff doesn't come with risks. I really hope that you are okay, but I am certain that it's a possibility for the body to lay down scar tissue and more plaque after an injection. It makes sense. I hope it works out for you my bruva.  

QuackAttack

Crookid,

I've gone through 8 cycles of Xiaflex. I suspect that your original injury showed up more dorsal. However, you might have also had a little bit of bend to the left and once the Xiaflex started to break down the collagen in the dorsal curve, you began to notice the left curve. This is exactly what happened in my case. I began to notice a little left curve after several cycles. I woke up one morning with a wood and did what the doctor told me to do, gently bend downward. I heard a little pop and had pain. I thought I had a fracture which is possible with Xiaflex. I went in had an ultrasound and all was well. I always had plaque on my left side, but the curve was dorsal. Once the plaque was pretty broken down on top, the left bend was more noticeable, about 5-10 degrees. My package always hung to the left, so some of it is likely natural.

betterbend

I have some of the same experience as you have.  Xiaflex can be a pretty traumatic treatment, so there can be bruising, pain,  swelling and discolorization that lasts for a while.  My dick looks a bit misshapen when erect,  i suspect its some residual swelling, but,  I see my doc in two weeks and plan to ask the same questions...

Did you contact your doctors office?  Perhaps they can do a physical exam to see that everything is ok.  Hopefully they have done many cases and know what the spectrum of reactions are and can see if yours is something they have seen, and maybe it resolves on its own, or is it more than that.  Since you finished round two you probably go for an evaluation in a few weeks before round 3 and 4?
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Crookid

Thanks for the replies! It's still tender where the shaft meets my pubic region but it is definitely getting better. The good news is this mornings wood had no bend to the left! Hopefully it was just a false alarm.  

betterbend

After my second I also had swelling on the shaft where it meets the body.  I thought the bandage had something to do with it.  The PA wrapped most of the shaft from the glans towards the body, but left about 1/2" to 3/4" unwrapped near the body.  That area swelled up badly the day of the injection, so much so that the swelled area dug into the bandage that it hurt.  It has been several weeks and it finally seems to be getting back to normal
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Crookid

Your experience sounds exactly like mine. It's definitely getting better. Another week and a half and I can try it out. The lump she injected is definitely softer and less painful than it was before I started the injections so I'm optimistic.