New Guy Experiments On Self

Previous topic - Next topic

hat fish

Hey guys,

I'm new to this place and to the disease. Have a couple dents and some pain (especially during intercourse) but nothing super serious - yet. I wanted to share an interesting factoid about my situation though.

I found it interesting that the plaques are associated with fibrosis from TGF Beta, because I have an aortic aneurysm from a bicuspid aortic valve that is also associated with changes in connective tissue from too much TGF Beta.

A long time ago I was prescribed Losartan (Cozaar) in part because of blood pressure and in part because of the aneurysm, but I stopped taking it. Well, after reading that TGF Beta appears to be associated with the cause of Peyronie's, I'm taking Cozaar again since it has been shown to reduce TGFB. So far, a couple weeks later, it seems that the Cozaar has helped some, and the pain has reduced. If pain during intercourse goes away completely, I'm going to consider it a done deal and I'll probably take it for the rest of my life.

I'm not quite at the tipping point to accept that I need an injection of Verapamil directly in to the plaque, especially since the pain has been getting better. I'm going to give Cozaar some time to see if it goes away completely. It seems that clinicians should at least do a small trial to see if Cozaar helps Peyronie's - either via oral or injection. I haven't seen any trials for it on the net.

Anyway, I'll try to remember to stop back in to let you know how it goes.

Good luck to everyone.

pey ron

Losartan lowers TGF-beta1. Stay out of the sun when you take it.

I tried one pill and my tinnitus went up, so I never tried it again :(
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

hat fish

[Full quote remove - read the forum rules on quoting]

That's interesting! I'm curious if there could be a link to tinnitus and fibrosis of the connective tissue in the ear from TGF beta as well.

I have constant tinnitus but don't really notice any difference on it. For my situation, even if it does give me more tinnitus, the upside of a treatment (as long as it is actually working) is worth impaired hearing.

pey ron

Quote from: hat fish on April 01, 2018, 02:09:15 AM
even if it does give me more tinnitus, the upside of a treatment (as long as it is actually working) is worth impaired hearing.

Let me know how it goes for you. Please keep me posted!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **