Air Gun Verapamil Injections

Previous topic - Next topic

rdc

Hi! This is my first post although I have been self-directing my Peyronies Disease treatment since 2012. I belong to an HMO and there are no Uros with Peyronies Disease experience in the group. I have been seeing a Uro who acknowledged that I seem to know more about Peyronies Disease than he does and just asked me what I wanted to do. I take the usual oral meds and receive a verapamil injection every two to three months in the hopes that it will prevent my plaques from calcifying. He recently referred me to another Uro who is Xiaflex qualified to see if I am a candidate for the procedure.

The new Uro did an ultrasound exam and concluded that my plaques were partially calcified and very thin and therefore not a good candidate for Xiaflex. He proposes a therapy of 12 verapamil injections, once every two weeks along with starting PTT (PeniMaster Pro).

The unique thing is that he uses an air gun, not a needle, to deliver multiple doses of the verapamil. He acknowledged that this unique and that he knows of only one other Uro to use this method. His rationale is that it is just too difficult to accurately deliver the verapamil with a needle. Basically, he wants to use a shotgun rather than a rifle. He is a very high profile Uro who has appeared on TV and is releasing a new book next month but I have not seen his name in this forum except for one reference to his TV appearance.

Has anyone had any experience or even heard of this verapamil delivery technique?

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

rdc

Me too, that's why I'm asking for input. New approaches are very few and far apart for a disease that was first identified so long ago and still not understood. I'm hoping that it is just such a new approach that it is needed. BTW, other personal considerations have arisen and I will not be able to try it out (if I decide to) for at least a couple of months.  

pey ron

@rdc: would you mind kindly sharing with us the names of the two uros that use the airgun?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

pey ron

btw: Ask the Mayo Clinic: Whatever happened to 'jet injectors?' - seattlepi.com

perhaps I'd check how expensive the device is and buy my own for the doctor to use...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

rdc

Dr. Aaron Spitz in Laguna Hills, CA. He said that he thinks the other uro using it is in Arizona, I didn't get a name. Thanks for the link but I have already researched the cross contamination that led to jet injectors falling out of use for mass vaccine assembly lines. I am assuming that he already has his own injector device. If I do decide to go that route, I'll ask about the possible contamination issues. However, I doubt that he would engage in a potentially risky procedure. I know that you can't "see" germs and pathogens but just judging by the other practices his office uses, he appears to be very proactive about cleanliness and sterilization. The room in which I received my ultrasound looked like an operating theater and the whole practice looks more like a hospital than a typical doctor's practice.  Equipment is draped or wrapped in plastic etc. It is a little too early to endorse his practice, but after two visits, I am impressed with his thoroughness, facilities, professional staff and knowledge. I was skeptical of him being a little too self-promotional after watching videos of his TV appearances but now knowing that he was once a comedian, it explains a lot. He is all business in the office. He is not a Peyronies Disease researcher like some of the other names referenced in this forum but he knows more about Peyronies Disease than anyone else I have ever talked to. Dang, this is starting to sound like a commercial which is not intended. Let's just say that I am comfortable with the uro but unfamiliar with using a jet injector for verapamil. My previous uro would only perform two or three needle injections for two plaques (as opposed to the multiple injections I have heard about by others) and he often admitted that he thought he missed the plaque.  

projectpd

iontophoresis has been reported to work better than injections and avoids the risks from injections: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23258641/
I only read about this after I was no longer in an acute stage, so I doubted that it would work for me, but I have been thinking of trying it myself anyway.
Dexamethasone is an antinflammatory ingredient in cheap creams you can buy from Asia, and verapamil pills are cheap for the amount needed. Iontophoresis is basically applying a direct current ( e.g. from a battery(s) ) and doesn't need special equipment (there was a write up on the details by a doctor using hydrocortisone that I can't find now, but basically just using tin foil, crocodile clips and tissue paper ) , although a cheap variable constant current box would allow for gradually increasing current and keeping it constant. Study on calcium channel blockers: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26606434/.  I'll post about it if I do it.

Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%