News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Re: 1st Post

Previous topic - Next topic

1seeker

I'm 71 yrs old have had peyronies since age 5, married with 3 grown children.Retired recently. I have had no sex for almost 20 yrs,this nearly caused me to quit life. It's hard to believe ,but I don't even remember what a woman feels like around my penis. Really pathetic,but that's where I'm at. I found this site and one other recommended here. I found a doctor who is a plastic surgeon , he agreed to give the priapus shots to me for $1900.00 .That's the plasma shots into your penis. The first set of shots were painful, then 6 wks later another set which were horribly painful,even with the lidocane cream,I've never felt pain like that and I've taken 13 stiches in my neck without any pre-medication.Maybe it hurt so badly due to increased sensitivity from the first set of shots.He furnished a VED for the same cost I'd already paid. All in all I think he was about industry standard for his pricing.So far I've done the VED for about  12 wks now and still have not seen any improvement. Soooo,I'm down for trying some alternative methods like traction which I've been on for two weeks After pumping each time for 1hr then traction with Jes-extender for  1hr,  or less when circulation seems to be an issue. The glans seems to crush as a result of the comfort strap. I'm trying to Mac Guyver the phallosan cup and sleeve onto my device to increase comfort level. Next I'm going to try the Dr. Thacker formula and see if anything occurs.

TonySa

Since age 5?  Do you mean you have a congenital curve?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Crookid

Hi 1seeker,
You might want to start a new post in this same  "introduce yourself" category so that some of the more experienced members will read it and help you out.

Just curious, you mentioned you had this since age 5. How did it present itself then and how has it progressed? Also, has deformity/curved penis caused you to not have sex for the past 20 years or ED or ? Have you considered Ziaflex injections?

JohnWright

1Seeker -- I split your posting onto it's own thread. You'll get better feedback results having your own topic. And, welcome to the Forum!

John

1seeker

Thanks John for arranging my post where it will generate comments. My condition resulted from a bicycle accident , when I crashed the handlebar smashed my glans against the seat portion that sticks out forward after you're sitting. The tongue or forward most point of the seat. Smashing it as a hammer on an anvil would. I still swear I can recall the pain! My curvature wasn't too bad until puberty I really didn't know there was a problem. Then a slight curve was noticeable but it was always up and ready even when I didn't want it to be. High school boners were common. Then and up until age 52 or so was OK. But then the bend got worse to the point of making intercourse impossible. So I thought, that's it for my sex life it's scar tissue and I'm done for! .I can tell you that I had some pretty dark thoughts then.I wanted to see my kids have grandchildren and that's what kept me from doing something I would have regretted.So sex stopped and hasn't resumed since 19 yrs ago. I found this forum, after I found what this disorder is called.It's what inspired me to have the Priapus shots.I figured WTF haven't I suffered enough? Worth a try! so I did it cost me 1900 bucks, but if it does work it's a bargain!  

JohnWright

That's is almost the identical story I told the urologist in 2016 when I went for a surgery consult.

"When I was six, I owned the last bike in America with a stick shift, and crashed into a fence. The impact was devastating. I still remember my mom taking me to the pediatrician to get things checked out as I was in such severe pain..." That is the narrative I believe for decades, as the explanation for the banana curve.

The first five urologists I visited all agreed I had Peyronie's. The sixth said no, and, while commiserating with my story, explained why my bike tragedy was likely irrelevant. Rather, I had congenital curvature -- a birth defect. He spent a good five minutes gently exploring exploring my dick and could not detect, at my age what would have been reasonably discernable scaring. Nothing on the ultrasound.

I opted for surgery in 2016 and still pat myself on the back for having found the courage. I think mostly I just had anxiety. It is my dick after all.

I have talked to many guys... And a thing we share in common is the drive to understand what we must have done in our childhood to account for this curve. Our male brain must have an explanation.

I never went the shots route. Keep us posted on the results.