Lancaster - updated 9/13/2009

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancaster

Age 51  

Age at onset 47

Very First Symptoms - pain and hourglass where penis meets pubic.  I have familial penile fibrosis.  In laymen's, my father had peyronie's as well.  He use to complain about the pain also.  I was not surprised when it occurred in me at nearly the same age as he.

Treatments: From mangosteen to pyridoximine, Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (PLP), vit-D, I have tried all of george999's prescriptions, many of them I knew of before I found this forum, and none worked.  I have used the ved, been helpful maintaining size...i have also used the traction device, also very helpful maintaining size.  
Doctors: Levine in Chicago, he is the guy to see when you need surgery on your penis.  Otherwise he has nothing more...for now.  I am considering getting steroid shots to stop the pain.

Psychological Stages: pain is very distracting.  Still having as much sex as I ever did, I am a single man all my life.  I find the majority of women who want sexual attention, an erection is not expected or if they want penetration, we use their dildo or vibe.  Sometimes only my fingers.   I feel no embarrassment or shame when I do not have an erection.  After all, I never felt embarrassment or shame for all the women who required a squirt from a bottle of lube to substitute for their lack of lubrication.   Or I never felt embarrassment or shame for the women who could never have an orgasm after f-ing for an hour.  Why would I shame them for that?  I sure as hell don't feel any embarrassment for myself either.   Fibrosis has sexually slowed me down only somewhat because when I am in pain sex is the last thing on my mind but I am still having good sex, erections or not.  

Thanks for the heads up on my "panis" typo.  I meant pubic not panis.