Bend flexibility question

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleye

So I recently had an ultrasound confirm Peyronies Disease. My bend is fairly slight, not sure of degree, maybe 15°? Anyways, depending on the quality of an erection I'll have no bend or the 15°. More full and firm the less or absence of a curve or bend.
Yet the bend is easily straightened, as in its flexible. Much like a normal less than solid stone erection flexibility. I have a "large calcified plaque on the right CC, and one on the left" via ultrasound report.
Since some have difficulty with intercourse, I'm wondering if some guys bend are less flexible? Can 'most' Peyronies Disease guys manually straighten your erection without pain or difficulty? I really wish there was a known and well defined regular pathology to Peyronies Disease so a guy could better understand what to expect. Will I get more of a bend? Is the bending a gradual process over say a year? Does it usually start slight and flexible then later more bent and 'fixed'?
I have to wait till late July to see the Urologist who specializes in this, and I have a million questions and concerns. Yet it sounds like it's all a random mystery what any one guy will go through and end up with. Ugh.
I've been considering a traction device to try and react as quick as I can and maybe prevent things, yet also concerned about injury. Not to mention the small fortune for the things.  

Paolo

I would not rush in to traction, you might aggravate your peyronie's curve further. You could have a cascade of fibrosis at present.
Do you remember any sexual episode that could have initiated the peyronie's?, many of us can't and I think that micro-traumas build up (can happen more so with semi-erections IMO).
I also believe some men are more 'susceptible' to peyronie's as the Tunica Albuginea in men can vary from one to three layers, depending on how many layers you have there lies the susceptibility.
You need to pay attention of ANY pain at present, pain is not normal, right  :)

What direction is your curve? ventral, or dorsal, left or right?

Try and get out of the habit of 'straightening' your bend by hand, easy to cause further trauma I think, as long as you have NO PAIN you should be okay  :-\

Can any other members please chip-in on whether 'hand' straightening their bend improved, or worsened injury  :-\
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

TonySa

I thought the studies showed traction was helpful early in the acute phase?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Gutted

My symptoms developed over 2 yrs and I am hoping it's stabilized now. The main thing is, after about the first 8 months there was no pain.

So, in my case there is/was no relationship between pain and the ongoing development in the degree of my deformities  

Walleye

Thanks for the replies, and advice Paolo. I think my bend, to the left is different than others. It takes almost no effort to straighten it. I think my plaques are mainly inside the shaft, in between the cavernosas and spongiosum. If that makes sense. They feel like they go from top (dorsal) to bottom, and are parallel with the shaft.
As for injury I can say without a doubt I haven't had any trauma. I was having some ED issues and tried some 'PE' penis enlargement techniques. Mainly jelqing yet I recall trying some stretching and bending. Nothing serious and on the conservative side of the instructions. Since I've heard ED can be the first sign of Peyronies Disease I'm not 100% sure the PE initiated my Peyronies Disease, yet it's the only suspect 'trauma'.

PE works by creating micro trauma so it seems very likely that the 'spark'. Without question Peyronies Disease is due to a propensity to it. If not either all or most of the people doing PE would have Peyronies Disease, yet it's quite rarely mentioned. It seems like those who went well beyond the PE protocol and induced serious trauma develop Peyronies Disease, yet that's just what I've noticed looking at the forums 'PEgym'.

The irony for me is that my vanity is very likely why I'm dealing with Peyronies Disease now. And having yourself to blame for this is tough. I've gotten better at accepting Peyronies Disease and I'm hopeful I remain in the 'not seriously effected' catagory.

The pain has been very mild. Some days it's during erections, others while flaccid and occasionally while and after urinating. Zero chance I have an infection or STD, so I think the location of my plaques irritates my spongiosum and urethra. I had 3 months or so of 2 small pea sized lumps. When those grew in size, my spongiosum became very inflamed, which was making a Peyronies Disease diagnosis difficult to confirm.

I think the term Flexabillity might be confusing or not the best choice of a descriptor. My errections and I'd guess everyone else's without Peyronies Disease has some ability to bend without pain or difficulty. The firmness of errection effects that certainly. Yet I'm curious if some with Peyronies Disease don't have that ability anymore. Monty's reply suggests some have.

Mechanically when one cavernosa is stretched far enough I would presume that would lead to a definite rigidity effect. Then there's calcification that might hinder movement.  

LWillisjr

Paolo has a slightly different view of traction. Knowing what I know now after having Peyronies, I would suggest the use of traction. But to Paolo's point, carefully and don't overdue it to avoid any further damage.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History