6 years of pain

Previous topic - Next topic

The_curve

It's starting to really wear me down. I try my best to remain positive and I like to have faith that modern medicine/science will be able to figure out a cure for this in the coming years. But with all of that aside, dealing with pain on a daily basis, for the entire time that I am awake, in an area that can cause so much worry as a man, isn't something that I would wish on any living thing.  

In the past it was so bad that I even questioned if I would be better off without a penis.

If I didn't experience pain I wouldn't be reminded of it every second of the day.

I imagine a normal life for my future and this makes me smile, but it feels so far out of reach. It feels like an unattainable fantasy that most men take for granted.

I've changed my life for the better in many other ways because of this disease, but most of this has only happened within the last 9 months. My diet is full on anti inflammation, I get in an infared sauna everyday, and I now exercise more than I did before.

I guess the only option is to make these positive changes, because ending this life would be a waste. We've got to focus on how it can make us better humans, not just for ourselves, but for the people around us.  

Paolo

6 Years of pain is 'alarming', during my acute phase I was sometimes bedridden, pain for me was debilitating, thankfully I no longer have pain, for me that's a win even though I have a banana shaped penis to deal with LOL.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

JohnWright

Curve -- You have the best attitude and worldview to posture yourself for success. Stick around with and share with other newcomers to the Forum (and, ahem, some of the old timers who could use a good dose of your perspective).

Glad you're here.

John

The_curve

Paolo - It has not been fun. In the few months where I have 'stabilised' over the years it has only taken my penis rubbing along vagina walls for it to become inflamed again. I haven't been able to have sex without suffering with severe hard flaccid and soreness for a week since these troubles began. It also seems like I can't do anything with my penis without it remaining in the acute phase. Hahaha I completely understand. I am at my happiest when the pain subsides, even if it is for a matter of minutes. I begin to feel like a normal person again, not having to think about the disease non stop. My pain seems to get worse when I sit down, which is unfortunate, as I work at a desk for 8 hours of the day.

John - I will do my best! I look forward to the day when we can all be cured and maybe celebrate as a group. What an event that could be.  

diehardpatriot

Hey, this is alarming and really not normal. If you've seen a Peyronies dr and have tried lots of things like diet and more, please check out "TMS" and the book "unlearn your pain" and see if it applies to you  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.