32yo with possible peyronies -- advice needed

Previous topic - Next topic

peyto

Hi All,

I'm a 32 year old male who first discovered I might have peyronies when I started having quite sharp pain during erection about 2 months ago. The pain would worsen if I gently pushed my penis downward when erect, or to the side. Days later I discovered the source of the pain to be a nodule about half an inch up the shaft from the base. I have no memory at all of an injury. It feels as if the nodule is rubbery in texture, and it feels attached to the corpora cavernosa. Today the nodule seems slightly wider than when I first discovered it...about a quarter to half inch wide to be more precise. I still experience pain, but some days it is worse than others. And the pain seems to go away a few minutes after I start masturbating. I also have pain when flaccid that alternates between my testicles and my pelvic region, or a pricking/pinching sensation in the head or shaft. I have no visible bending at this point.

I've seen a urologist once who said it could be a thrombosed vein or peyronies, but is more likely thrombosis. I believe otherwise as the nodule feels too wide to be a blood clot of sorts. Like many guys on this forum, my stress levels have been through the roof, and I am imagining the worst. I have a few quick questions I was hoping you guys could help with:

1. Are my symptoms generally normal for someone with peyronies?

2. My doctor refused to do an ultrasound the first visit, but I am seeing him again in 1 month. What is the best way to confirm diagnosis of peyronies? Is physical palpation good enough, or do imaging tests need to be done?

3. With peyronies, you hear about scar tissue a lot. Is that the same as calcification and plaques?

4. How would the urologist differentiate between peyronies and thrombosis? For many guys who have thrombosis, it's visible in the superficial top layer of skin as a hardened cord-like vein, whereas in my condition everything is deeper.

5. Does blood clotting/hematoma have anything to do with peyronies?

6. Is the 800IU Vitamin E/daily worth continuing?

Thanks in advance for your input!

NeoV

A lot of cases of Peyronie's here on these forums have a cross over. They have Peyronie's, AND vascular issues. That's no surprise, since vascular damage is a result of inflammation, which is the root of all tissue degeneration. Penile pain can lead to penile damage and penile fibrosis = bending long term. Luckily, it doesn't matter what you have, since penile health is improved the same way for everyone. Improving your penile health improves Peyronie's. There will never a guarantee as far as your diagnosis, but it sounds like penile trauma to me, which usually results in some surrounding vascular damage and swelling and hematoma, which can lead to Peyronie's, so let that damn penis rest. Consider icing it. Do not erection check and obsess over your erections. Diagnosis Peyronie's is a messy science that is pretty darn unrealiable. Even the best urologists can have a hard time diagnosing it. Try not to worry about if you have "scar tissue" or what, but rather focus on how to be healthier, and kinder to your penis, as odd as it sounds. I've spent years wondering if I have elbow tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, nerve damage, etc, but at the end of the day it's somewhat irrelevant. I just need to carry on and figure out what works and doesn't work. Over time, like with Peyronie's, I have figured out what aggravates it and what doesn't. The body is prone to all kinds of damage, so try not to panic dude!

Vitamin E is just fine, but it was linked to prostate cancer (synthetic form) so I wouldn't bother. I recommend CoQ10 or ALCAR if you can, but mostly I would recommend resting your penis, and carefully monitoring your diet. Get your blood sugar way way down to 70 - 80. Don't

peyto

NeoV, Thanks for your message. You say to let my penis rest, but to what degree? Should I stop masturbating for the next 3 weeks until I see the urologist again? Or should I limit how often I do it (e.g. only 1-2x/week) if pain appears minimal?  I can't figure out if the imaging tests are going to tell me what's going on, or if they're a waste of time.

I will try to relax about this, but hoping to get more answers at some point. I get worked up pretty easily :( If I knew it was simply scar tissue and wasn't dangerous to my health, I could rest easy!! Thanks again for your time. It's truly appreciated.

NeoV

Hey, no problem! For now, anything is better than too often, at least from my perspective. Once a week or just when your body wants you to. I would avoid it entirely if it causes pain, and I wouldn't check the erections either. If it is thrombosis, a lot of rest will heal it, and I mean a lot of rest.

TonySa

If the pain goes away when masturbating, why stop unless its problematic?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

peyto

Just wanted to post an update on my story in case readers are interested in seeing how things panned out. It's been about 6 months since this issue began. I tried 800iu Vitamin E daily for a period of 2 months followed by 400mg CoQ10 daily (by itself) for the past 2.5 months (as per NeoV's post). My pain is "significantly" less at this point. I am feeling more optimistic that the pain will eventually go away completely. Hard to say if the pills are helping or if the peyronies is stabilizing itself naturally. I have some sort of indentation going on at the base of the penis (top side)...not too concerned about it, but I will continue to monitor things over the next few months.  

betterbend

do you still feel the nodule? also you didnt mention any bending, do you have a curve?  the indentation might be where you get a bend.  Did you go back to the urologist as you mentioned?
If its resolved, i.e. no nodule anymore and no pain, then probably it wasn't peyronies.  However if its still there and you are worried go see a urologist that specializes in Peyronies.  This way you get a definitive diagnosis ...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

peyto

Hi betterbend -- yes, I can still feel the nodule although it appears to have reduced in size by at least 50%. There is slight bending where the indentation is (top side of shaft near base). On my last visit to the urologist, he told me the ultrasound confirmed there are actually two nodules, but nothing that warranted further investigation. For someone with 25+ years of experience, I was surprised that he kept wavering between it being peyronies vs. thrombosis, but as I continued to describe symptoms (i.e. indentation and pain with erection) he was more convinced it was peyronies. He told me to keep an eye on it over the next few months and that it could stabilize once the acute phase ends. That appears to be happening now. Thanks for your interest.

betterbend

Good luck... maybe you are in the lucky 10% that resolve on their own.  Keep your eye on it and hopefully you can report back with a successful story!
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Paolo

To that end take a pic of your dick on your phone say every 4-6 weeks (note camera setting & zoom), you will then have a photo record of your stable or progressing condition, hopefully the former  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

LWillisjr

I need to close this as an introductory post. Please feel free to post questions or solicit support in the other areas of the forum.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History