Can pre peyronie size be fully regained?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrvat21

I've been having peyronie's disease for 6 years now, since i was 16. After painful phase, i noticed my penis getting smaller and erections weaker in addition to bend but i didn't do anything about it. I never knew my penis will continue getting worse, so i continued masturbating roughly and had many imflamations simce, all in all, my size went from 19.5 cm in full erection to 15-14.5 cm in worst states (7.6 to 6 - 5.8 inches, almost 2 inches difference) and from hourglassing (i think i have one hourglass at the base of penis and the other just above the root in addition to my midshaft curve where hourglass starts) and i lost about a inch or more of girth.

I guess functionallity can somehow be restored using substances and medications, but, as i am finally going to start treatament, i was wondering how big of a chance is for me to ever recover my pre peyronie size or get at least really close to it, and is that penis tissue still existing or is it ruined forever  

JayGould

I also had 19.5cm before Peyronie's, and now 8 months later I'm down to about 16cm. Also hope to get some input on this. Have you lost any girth as well? If I can get back to 18cm and my old girth I would be satisfied.

Have you used a VED? Otherwise it'd probably be a good idea to use a VED, a traction device as well as some manual stretching exercises. I haven't started any of them myself actually, waiting for my injury to heal up first.

Hrvat21

Quote from: JayGould on September 02, 2017, 03:22:46 AM
I also had 19.5cm before Peyronie's, and now 8 months later I'm down to about 16cm. Also hope to get some input on this. Have you lost any girth as well? If I can get back to 18cm and my old girth I would be satisfied.

Have you used a VED? Otherwise it'd probably be a good idea to use a VED, a traction device as well as some manual stretching exercises. I haven't started any of them myself actually, waiting for my injury to heal up first.
Before i had 15 cm girth, now its around 13,5-14 midshaft and 12-12.5 at the base where it's hourglassing the most (but the most of that base girth is corpus spongiosum i think and my penis is like 1.5 cm thinner there) (i allways put two numbers as my erection levels are very fluctuating and i never get full erection). when i first injured myself it was around 16-17 cm afterwards as well.

Actually i wouldn't have any complaints to have 18 cm and my previous girth as well :D

Haven't tried VED yet, as i ignored my disease for long, and my urologists didn't know anything about peyronie's, but will give it a try as soon as i can, reeading posts on this forum, it sounds like the most effective method of getting your penis back.

QuackAttack

Hrvat,

If your URO doesn't know anything about peyronies, you need to find another URO. There are treatments. The sooner the better. Find an andrologist or another URO that deals with peyronies. I am using Xiaflex and I have gone from 50 degrees to about 25 degrees. I just finished my 6th cycle and next week I'll know if I have more improvement. I just purchased the Penimaster Pro and I am vigorously using traction now that I know what to expect with Xiaflex and I couldn't stand my other traction devices.

DELETED

JFL, two another guys with almost 20 cm length pre peyronie's

So all world penis size charts is a BS? I mean, statistic claimed that 15 cm is average length and 19-20 cm is on top 1-2%, but I seen here literally tons of guys who are claimed that they were 19-20 or even 21-23 cm in some cases and tons of 17-18 cm guys, so what's the truth? Average size is not 15 cm? It's more like 18 cm? Or what? Or maybe long penises are more exposed to Peyronies Disease?

Hrvat21

Quote from: AlexSamo on September 02, 2017, 10:16:58 AM
JFL, two another guys with almost 20 cm length pre peyronie's

So all world penis size charts is a BS? I mean, statistic claimed that 15 cm is average length and 19-20 cm is on top 1-2%, but I seen here literally tons of guys who are claimed that they were 19-20 or even 21-23 cm in some cases and tons of 17-18 cm guys, so what's the truth? Average size is not 15 cm? It's more like 18 cm? Or what? Or maybe long penises are more exposed to Peyronies Disease?
I must admit i became kinda obsessed with size too since peyronie started and i think that's statistical average, but i think most of people have like 15-17 cm dicks (don't know anyone above 17 that i asked about size, met one person that said had around 19, but maybe they added a bit and also it depends on how you messure, bone pressed or just the outside part). Like 5% people you see have 19-20 i think. And perhaps 0.1 or less cound have 21-23 cm long dicks. And long penises could be more exposed to peyronies since if ther are longer, they bend more easily as you can put more force on them because of lenght i think or something. Mine was long and i used to bend it so i get more pain/plesure from masturbation and after some time it just got f'^+'ed up. It's sad because i've lost all that size, my parts, and they were important to me:( Hope they get restored with proper treatment

Quote from: QuackAttack on September 02, 2017, 09:32:48 AM
Hrvat,

If your URO doesn't know anything about peyronies, you need to find another URO. There are treatments. The sooner the better. Find an andrologist or another URO that deals with peyronies. I am using Xiaflex and I have gone from 50 degrees to about 25 degrees. I just finished my 6th cycle and next week I'll know if I have more improvement. I just purchased the Penimaster Pro and I am vigorously using traction now that I know what to expect with Xiaflex and I couldn't stand my other traction devices.

I know, it took me some time to find some peyronie knowledgable doctor in my country, and also to accept this condition so i am going to nice andrologist/uro in 4 days, he seems to be the leading peyronies guy in here. From what i see, i would like to try VED and traction with medications as that seems to do most progress.

DELETED

Quote from: Hrvat21 on September 02, 2017, 10:51:54 AM
Like 5% people you see have 19-20 i think.
Almost every penis size statistics (with measurements by staff, not self reported) claims that BPEL over 19 cm is like 1% of top of charts. But here, on Peyronies Disease forum, it's more like 30% of guys says that they have 18-20 cm or even more, before Peyronies Disease. So what is it? Wrong self reported measurements or scientists provide us lower statistics about real average size, like it was in one of the South Park episodes?

JohnWright

AlexSamo -- In addition to the global research demonstrating that the average human male penis is approx. 13 cm / 5.2 inches long when erect, researchers also find:

- The average male believes in his mind that his dick is shorter than it actually is. Some men actually suffer from a clinical condition because they obsess over the false length deficiency.

I think your point that the Forum experiences a freakish number of 19++ cm dicks is well taken. Some guys must be measuring from their ass to the tip.

The Forum needs a big road sign for the male journey. Here's a draft:  

FOR THE DICKS THAT TRAVEL THE PEYRONIE'S PATH

• The average male dick is 13 cm / 5.2 inches when erect.
  • Millennia of human existence have proven that a 13 cm / 5.2 inch erect dick is perfectly functional for human sex.
  • Having a functional dick is the prize for the man with a healthy view on life.
  • If you have a dick that is longer -- either in reality or in your little imagination -- then your complaints about reduced dick size don't stand up under scrutiny (pun intended).
  • Your desire to be a freakin' unicorn is irrelevant to the members of the Forum.

Tychy

The point of longer dicks being more prone to injury is interesting. The last time I measured before peyronies was around 20 years of age I think and that was 18cm from pubic bone. I actually don't care so much for length as for girth, erection quality and stability. The last two points being important.

Some of us could use their curvature as benefit, if not for the ED and pain part.

@JohnW: even for the better equipped guys this is traumatic. Yes, from an absolute measure  speaking it's fine, still this is part of your body detoriating every day a bit. Every one of us has grown up with a mental body image that is shattered. Making fun out of that or shaming leads to nothing except more mental scars.  

JayGould

Yeah, going from having a large dick that you are proud of to average size sucks. It's like being a 9/10 woman, having acid thrown in your face and go down to a 6/10. Sure, she's still average and better than the 6/10 who also got acid in her face (and now is a 3/10), but the principle is the same. They both suffer.

Tychy

Dared

Traction and ved made my peyronies significantly worse. I recommend doing nothing until it heals and then assessing your options. Any benefit you get from traction or ved is not worth the HIGH risk of injury it poses to your dick.

Hrvat21

Quote from: JayGould on September 02, 2017, 05:20:12 PM
Yeah, going from having a large dick that you are proud of to average size sucks. It's like being a 9/10 woman, having acid thrown in your face and go down to a 6/10. Sure, she's still average and better than the 6/10 who also got acid in her face (and now is a 3/10), but the principle is the same. They both suffer.
That is good comparison :D
And you allways miss that feeling of being watched like a 9/10, and you are allways obsessed with your looks now and ask your bf if he would like to have some prettier girl and you get jealous of beautiful girls as you were once one of them and now you are just pretty and don't get called to their parties anymore, and you allways feel like you have to get better at oral sex so your boyfriend doesn't leave you. And there is a possibility you will go down to 4/10 if you don't try to fix yourself, so you have to (at night, so you don't get seen and critiqued by the villagers) visit that only witch in the village that sells anti-acid cream for your face and in addition to having to wear bandages for at least a hour a day so you can maybe get back to your former beauty and maybe finally see yourself in the mirror again, the true you, the one you recognize as it was face you watched your entire life, the one without scars, of clear, not burned skin, of smile as vibrant and powerfull as passionate, erotic heartbeat, smile beautiful, healthy and full as before - the way you were before uspeakable happened and your face became disfurged and someone else's face became yours, face that isn't yours as you wouldn't even recognize it on a photo and it doesn't resemble you almost in any way.

Lol, im joking, but sometimes it really feels that way. Hope we all get fully or at least almost fully healed somehow :(

JohnWright

Tychy -- Perhaps a pause would be in order before you ascribe motive.

Though I was offering my "draft" in good humor, there was no motivation of shaming or making fun of individuals.

On the contrary, guys who start with enormous and end up at longer than average may well have their mental world shattered, but many many men would be grateful just to end up at 13 cm / 5 inches.

Guys in the enormous category can certainly benefit from a reality check -- which does not translate to shaming or mockery.

Words have meaning.

John

Tychy

@JohnW: Maybe some subtext was missing for interpreting as irony. Happens when you only can read stuff, instead of writing the post yourself 😉

skunkworks

Quote from: AlexSamo on September 02, 2017, 11:54:20 AM
Almost every penis size statistics (with measurements by staff, not self reported) claims that BPEL over 19 cm is like 1% of top of charts. But here, on Peyronies Disease forum, it's more like 30% of guys says that they have 18-20 cm or even more, before Peyronies Disease. So what is it?

It is somewhat more common for those with long peni to get Peyronie's. That could be why the averages seem off here.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Hrvat21

Do you guys think hourglasses at the root of penis (below the skin level) can get fixed with VED, too?

JayGould

Hrvat - Exactly, lol!

JohnW - 19cm is not enormous. It's pretty much average in many countries in the world. And among "playboys" I would say it's average size. Also, with your line of thinking you should be happy with whatever you have, because it's still better than a micropenis. Lots of people have micropenises, I am sure they would love your 10-13cm dick or whatever you have. Shame on you for feeling sorry for yourself.

DELETED

Quote from: JayGould on September 04, 2017, 12:13:10 PM
JohnW - 19cm is not enormous. It's pretty much average in many countries in the world.
So you think average penis size is 18-19 cm? And all of world's statistical research is a BS?

https://unravelingsize.wordpress.com/

http://i.imgur.com/0s939qM.png

JohnWright

JayGould -- I'm going with "You must have misread my post." If I insulted you personally, my inbox is open to you.

a) Where the male dick in general is concerned, and where our own individual dick for sure is concerned, actual data is what we should be demanding. All the time: For treatments; For what's normal; For interventions; For when guys make bodacious statements here on the Forum. A personal opinion isn't the same thing as research data.

Medical research data available on the length, girth, and perspective of men about their dick is widely available. AlexSamo's point was that this data doesn't support the frequency of "my 20 cm dick" statements that are made on this Forum. The data backs up AlexSamo's skepticism about such boasts.

b) Then, the point I was making earlier was that guys who visit the Forum, whining about their 20+ cm dick shrinking down to 19 cm / 7.5 inches -- I do feel sorry for these guys, I am sorry that they are whining!!! I haven't called them any names, or demoralized them, merely pointed out that the behavior is whining.

Guys with micropenis or a starting length of less than 13 cm/5 inches do have a legitimate concern about length when it comes to Peyronie's or congenital curvature.

I agree that the emotional trauma of going from 23 cm / 9 inches down to a mere 20.32 cm / 8 inches is real. But compared to a micropenis, it is whiny and shallow to complain about having a 20.32 cm / 8 inch dick post-Peyronies.

Considering the risks to one's dick, the expense that always follows us from all the dead-ends we try with pills and concoctions, and the overall emotional ordeal that are associated with all things curved dick, it is, in my opinion, a beneficial thing to point out to guys waving their 19 cm dick around: Be grateful for what ya got! Post-Peyronie's, why expose your dick to the risks, why waste the money, why go through the ordeal -- just to be a unicorn?

With 19+ cm / 7.5 inches a man is still in a GREAT place!!! It is an inarguably more reasonable, thoughtful, and caring to give a man a reality check with his 19 cm / 7.5 inches than it is to promote or foster risky actions in the pursuit of regaining unicorn status.

Casually engaging a guy in the pursuit of unicorn is irresponsible – in my strong opinion.

Many men on this Forum have shared first-hand experiences, lamenting their desire to undo the damage they've done to their dick because 1) they couldn't leave well enough alone, 2) nobody took the time to point out that they should be grateful for what they have when their dick is anywhere north of 13.2 cm / 5.2 inches, which is the approximate global average (dick length actually does vary slightly by continent).

Again, casually engaging a guy in the pursuit of unicorn is irresponsible – in my strong opinion.

I will always offer compassion to the guy who goes from 23 cm / 9 inches down to 7.62 cm / 3 inches.

But for guys who whine about post-Peyronie's shrinkage down to 19 cm/ 7.5 inches, I'll do my part on the Forum to offer a reality check: Dude, be grateful, stop whining – and don't take the risks.

John

DELETED

Quote from: JohnW on September 04, 2017, 04:26:50 PM
But for guys who whine about post-Peyronie's shrinkage down to 19 cm/ 7.5 inches, I'll do my part on the Forum to offer a reality check: Dude, be grateful, stop whining – and don't take the risks.

I want to add this to your words: "And make sure that you measure your dick not from your butthole" ;D

Tychy

Heh, I'm choosing a 14cm raging hard on without pain and ED anytime over a 18cm crooked lumpy noodle.
But then again, I don't bother to downsize real numbers. Or the ruler was manufactured faulty :P

pey ron

I haven't read the full thread, just skimmed through.

I really doubt that a place for crooked penises is somewhere for people to go brag about their endowment... personally right now I feel very embarassed whenever dicks or sexual prowess are mentioned.

I don't know if he was just trying to lift my morale, but dr. Levine tried to explain my peyronie's by saying that having a "big dick" (his words) and having it point upwards like mine was part of the reason. Pointing upward is bad for woman-on-top positions and the length acted as a bigger lever for the repeated small injuries in positions like reverse-cowgirl where the girl pulls hard on the shaft in a downward direction.

So, maybe if Levine says so, it could be that the stats for people affected by peyronie's are not necessarily the same as those for the general population.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

The_curve

A few years ago, I can't remeber where, I read that larger penises are more susceptible to Peyronies. I just carried this assumption with me ever since. It makes sense when you consider the positions you can find yourself in, like reverse cowgirl as someone already mentioned.  

Realvinni2000

Peyronie's disease acts destroying the elastic tissues forever,only an handful of people that take the illness very early (very smaller plaques) and cure it can regain some size.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with info such as
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **[\color]

Hrvat21

[Full quote removed - Please forum rules regarding posting]

So, after 6 years and 1.5 inch lost, should i even try? And is my size loss/curve and hourglass from fracture same as typical peyronie

Paolo

It's not that simple, some men have 1 Tunica layer, some men have 3, most commonly 2 layers, that is why Peyronie's is so random in its nature. Penile smooth muscle has ability to respond to growth factors, such as mechanical stretching for example, therefore traction (in theory) has the ability to possibly regain lost length idk  :-\

Just so you know the average erect penis length is 5.75-6 Inches with girth of 4.7-5 Inches. As long as you have a 3 Inch length that is the limiting (pleasuring factor, for her) as the Grafenberg spot (G-Spot) is typically within range. The important thing here is that your glans needs to stimulate this area, the longer the penis the more 'difficult' this becomes.

Most guys comfortably fit this range I would say, SPS (small penis syndrome) is well recognised, to want something bigger is a pure ego thing, and perhaps futile, why, well women during sex have wildly varying levels of arousal, so at some point she may prefer/require a dildo (for example) to meet her needs, that doesn't mean however that your penis is useless, it is up to you to get her to that arousal level first, or secondary, if it's worth doing it's worth doing well  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Hrvat21

I know i know, but i still very much miss my size, i lost like  more than 30% of my dick, i want to have him as big abd strong as he would be without injury. I believe i can do that weith right treatement and effort. And I rarely have hard glans because erection problems. I think it can be done y'know, sometimes i strech my penis for like 20 sec and it feels a bit fuller :P I will try traction, i have read reports of guys getting inch, maybe more. And use ved to regain my inch+ of girth. It just doesn't feel good, i have 4 cm of excess skin and my pebis is allways lost in it, it"s never full or strong. I read even some guys without peyronies got an inch, it should be easier fir us because it's actually part,of our original penises.

Also i think, there are more than one sensitive spot in vagina, those other ones being deeper than g spot, but it's not just about girl plesure as well.

I have much scars that can be seen even when i'm flaccid, i hope it can remodelled somehow

diehardpatriot

Quote from: Dared on September 02, 2017, 06:30:35 PM
Traction and ved made my peyronies significantly worse. I recommend doing nothing until it heals and then assessing your options. Any benefit you get from traction or ved is not worth the HIGH risk of injury it poses to your dick.
how?
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

james1947

100+ warnings for using VED and traction in correct way!!!
If you wish for fast overnight results, over-pumping the VED, over-stretching with the traction device, is a proven source for disaster!

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

popopo

The opinions about VED and traction range from "most helpfull devices available" to "dangerous and possibly makeing peyronies worse". I think the differ3nce is probably HOW you pump, but the problem is that you'll never know what your body's own limit is. Especially cause th3 initial injury seems to have permanently weaken my penis to the point where even masterbation can damage it further, so it's hard to figure out how much my dick can take and like others I never seem to be able to find that sweetspot and risk adverse symptoms even qhen pumping slow and with low prrssure and under 5 minutes of interrupting the blood flow.  
Date of onset: 17
Symptoms: sharp pains, numbness, change in shape/size, hourglassing and discolaration from jelqing/VED usage as a teen. Diagnosed with a venous leak and possible scarring.
Treatments tried: cialis, pentox and VED didnt help

swiss

Quote from: Dared on September 02, 2017, 06:30:35 PM

I second this. However, I think you should do something as in- Change your diet to a diet that doesn't include food that causes inflammation, use heat, assess whether you should use pentox or other meds. Heat, Magnesium, massages, and patience have paid off for me so far 2 years since the first onset or Peyronies and I think I am on my way to recovery. If all goes well I will show you before and after. If you use traction in the early stages I would advocate for a low tension and moving up slow as F~@<.  

james1947

popopo wrote:
Quote...under 5 minutes of interrupting the blood flow
I read again the forum protocols and didn't find nowhere that you should keep 5 minutes or maybe I understand you wrong or my eyes are not so good anymore (that's right).
The forum protocols are advising to hold 30 seconds!  
In addition, any advice is an advice. Take it or not, it's up to you as your dick is yours and only you will bear the consequences  :)

James
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.

james1947

To the original question, as I see the topic became completely "off topic"
Can pre Peyronies size be fully regained?
Yes if treated early

James

Hrvat21

james1947

QuoteWhat about late treatement?
Difficult to give a clear answer. In my case, late treatment helped, but far from original size.
Others were more lucky.

James  

popopo

You misunderstood what I said James1947. I know what the protocol says, but the general rule is that after 5 minutes of interrupting the blood flow you risk trauma. I'm not saying I personally use it for 5 minutes without interruption, I used it way less, but even then... there's no way to know if your dick can handle the pressure or not and when you find out your dick cant handle the pressure, you're already too late.
Symptoms: sharp pains, numbness, change in shape/size, hourglassing and discolaration from jelqing/VED usage as a teen. Diagnosed with a venous leak and possible scarring.

popopo

Having no other way to treat this I would like to try again,  but the fear over overpumping remains as well and hurt me worse before.

pey ron

Quote from: popopo on November 21, 2017, 05:35:10 AMafter 5 minutes of interrupting the blood flow

not clear to me: what is it that you guys are talking about that interrupts blood flow?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

james1947

Pey Ron

I think it means pumping up and holding for 5 minutes.
So the blood is locked in the penis, no in or out during this period

James