Emperordune - updated 12/10/09

Previous topic - Next topic

emperordune

Age - 26

Age at onset of Peyronies Disease / or I have had Peyronies Disease for X Years -    Since puberty

Very First Symptoms -  Major downward congenital curvature since puberty

My Peyronies Disease progression, Treatments (in order), Doctors, Psychological Stages, observable changes -  6 months of potaba that was prescribed by my former urologist

Where I am today, future plans

I just scheduled an appointment with Dr. Levine for next month.  I've lived all of these years about 50 miles away and didn't know I had an expert so close until I found this site.  I'm scheduled for a duplex ultrasound first and then my consultation with Dr. Levine a few days later.  I'm just looking forward to finally getting a final and definitive solution for this problem so that I can truly begin to live my life.  To say that this condition has affected my life in major ways would be a considerable understatement.  This affliction has probably shaped my life more than most other aspects of my life.  A lot of you guys know where I'm coming from with this and some may not since some of you had normal function for some time in your life. I just look forward to having a normal life and being able to live like my friends and family.  It's really hard to see other people in your life being able progress in life by starting families and so forth, but then feel like you will never have the chance.  I'm just thankful for this site.  It allows us discuss things that you never would discuss with anyone else, at least that is the way that I feel.

Update for April 21 - was able to get an earlier appointment for Dr. Levine and have been scheduled to have plication surgery done in June. I'm really excited about this and am glad I don't have to go through any other types of treatments.

Update for July - I had my plication surgery at the end of June by Dr. Levine and I am very happy so far with the results.  The curve seems to have been corrected and the quality of the erection is now better than what I've been able to have in the past.  I'm still in the recovery stages, so I still don't quite have all the feeling back to 100% in all areas of my penis, but this is expected and should get better with time.

Update for August 25, 2009 – Doing very well and am pleased to announce that everything seems to be working very well.  I'm now 2 months post-op and really have no major complaints.  The feeling has pretty much recovered to pre-op levels.  The only things I can say that I'm still looking forward to is continued healing on the incision area and for the sutures in the plication area to not be so noticeable to the touch and to sight.  

Update for October 23, 2009  I had my 4 month follow up appointment with Dr. Levine and he was pleased with the results of the surgery.  He did a measurement and compared it with the results of my first consulation and he said that I actually gained length as a result of the surgery. That's odd considering that I didn't do traction post surgery.  The only concern I had going into the appointment was the about the plication sutures and how they would eventually blend in.  However, Dr. Levine assured me that over time they should become less noticeable.

Update for December 10, 2009  My final lingering concern is now a thing of the past.  The plications can no longer be felt or seen in an erect state and I couldn't be happier.