2 failed nesbit plication

Previous topic - Next topic

kusher

I had 2 failed Nesbit plication for congenital penile curvature. one in 2012 and one in 2017. I'm planning to undergo the STAGE surgery soon. did anybody had 2 failed Nesbit plication then a successful STAGE? I do not know if the STAGE surgery works on a penis that has been operated upon 2 times....  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

JohnWright

Kusher: The question you've asked doesn't seem that challenging to me. Working around plications, may in the end help help (it wouldn't be a normal combination, plications + stage, that I'm aware of. But, it's what you have to work with). Nonetheless:

Can we start with:

- How old are you?
- What degree of curve did you have before first surgery? (a 10 degree, 20 degree, 30? What?)
- Can you describe what the first surgery included? Plications? How many? Where? Dissolvable threads or not?
- What failed with the first surgery? Help us understand your definition of failure.
- Which doctor did the first surgery?
- Can you describe what the second surgery included? How many? Where? Dissolvable threads or not?
- What failed with the second surgery?
- Which doctor did the second surgery?

And, then:
- Did you have a choice of surgeons or are you in a socialized medical system where you are assigned a physician, or...?
- Have you researched the STAGE method for yourself?
- Have you already had a conversation with a surgeon about the new approach? What was the surgeon's opinion?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

John

TonySa

Is there a particular helpful link that describes the STAGE surgery?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

kusher

20 years - born with 90 degrees to the left with rotation. now the curvature is left and dorsal 40 degrees. first surgery Nesbit plication with proline sutures so non absorbable. 2nd operation Nesbit plication with pds sutures so absorbable. the surgeon was a general urologist not a reconstructive urologist and he did not refer me to a one. so what caused the failure is lack of experience. most surgeons do not know about the stage surgery since it is novel and just few people are trained to perform it. should I go for the stage surgery? I still have hematoma and edema from the last surgery,, I do not know if it is hematoma or not but the base is black. and below the head of the penis it is swollen up ( edema )... should I go for the Stage operation? how many months do I have to wait to undergo a new surgery?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc