Traction Protocol

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdiamond

I am using the Penimaster Pro.........My Doc says to do a minimum of 3 hours a day........
Then he said do no more than 3 hours........
I'm confused as to how much time is enough and how much is too much........
Anybody have some feedback ? Thanks
I know with the VED there is a specific protocol on this sight but can't find one for Traction........
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed

LWillisjr

I am not experienced with that model, but I believe I have read not to wear it more then 3 hours at a time and to take a .5 hour break in between.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

skunkworks

Hey Blackdiamond, the general guidelines are that you need 3+ hours a day, and you need to stay in the device no longer than 2 hours at a time, at which point you should take a 15-30 minute break.

This is with traditional noose devices, I am not sure about the Penimasterpro but you'd do well to follow the same guidelines no doubt.

Another thing would be have you measured the tension on your device? When you're new you should keep tension under 900grams.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

TonySa

Any recommendation on how to measure the tension?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Arabia

The manual with the Penimaster pro is quite clear in its recommendations which are 8 to 12 hours a day, minimum 3 hours total a day for maximum effectiveness.
They suggest a 3 hour maximum wear time followed by a 30 minute break and then on again for another three hours, break, then on again, etc..  

As for tension they give guidelines and what length of rods to start with based on penile stretched flaccid length.  From there one adjusts using the threaded rod to the desired tension.  

TonySa

Great, guess it will all make sense when it arrives.  🙂
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Arabia

I know us men don't like to bother, but it is important to RTFM. :D

skunkworks

I would ignore their advice re stretched flaccid length and go with tension as your guide, if you want to keep things as safe as possible. Hopefully the device has lines on the spring loaded rods, so you can measure the tension by pushing down on the device on a kitchen scale and recording the tension at each mark. I would not trust their reported tension at these marks, with every other traction device on the market those marks have been completely inaccurate.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

blackdiamond

Thanks for your responses.......
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed

TonySa

I'm hoping to use the leg straps so I can go about my normal routine, for that I guess I'll need to go by feel rather than accurate measurements of tension.

Arabia

Skunkworks,

I decided to check out the variation in the Penimaster Pro reported tension and those measured using a digital kitchen scale.

In the manual they state that the pulling force is approximate between 200 and 1150 grams.
There are 5 marks and the reported force is
1. ~ 230 g
2. ~ 460 g
3. ~ 690 g
4. ~  920 g
5. ~ 1150 g

Measured
1. 450 g
2. 680 g
3. 900 g
4. 1050 g
5. 1350 g

So it is about 200 gm higher over the entire range which is not too bad.  
Remember this is a German device so I suspect they are a little more anal about their design parameters than some knock-off noose device from China.

I wear mine now at the 3rd mark for three hours at a time using the rod system without any issues.  I set it up without measuring the initial rod length, instead relying on what felt comfortable, but when I measure it now the length of the device from the plastic which sits on the pubic area to the plastic clip in at the other end it is 1.5 cm longer than my stretched flaccid length. Remember this is not the rod length alone but including the two plastic pieces on either end.

Highly recommend the product.  

swiss

Quote from: Arabia on August 19, 2017, 09:03:45 PM
In the manual they state that the pulling force is approximate between 200 and 1150 grams.
There are 5 marks and the reported force is
1. ~ 230 g
2. ~ 460 g
3. ~ 690 g
4. ~  920 g
5. ~ 1150 g

Measured
1. 450 g
2. 680 g
3. 900 g
4. 1050 g
5. 1350

What traction should I start at? When it on the first notch but not below the first notch. Right now I'm letting there be tension on the penimaster but it doesn't get below any notches right now. There is tension on the penis though for sure.

I can't find the proper protocol here. Any help would be appreciated .