Had Peyronies Disease for almost a year - UK based - got a problem

Previous topic - Next topic

platothefish

Hi,
I am based in the UK and was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease last year. I am 57 and I have sat around on consultants waiting lists so long that I am now in the stable phase. The NHS here only appear to do Surgery and I have heard a range of stories about this, many not that good. The consultant yesterday said that's my only option.

I just found this forum. Is that the case? I wasn't too happy with the way the consultant dealt with me.

There is no calcification (yet) so I am just trying to find out what my options are. I have about a 60 degree best and all intercourse has ceased. I still get erections and can orgasm as normal.

I am trying to work out what to do next. The operation isn't very appealing partially because of the risks and partially because of the shortening.  

I am interested in meds but which ones and where can I get a safe and reliable source?

Any help appreciated.

P

LWillisjr

There are other things you can do.

MUST READ BEFORE YOU POST - Information for new members - Peyronies Society Forums

60 degrees is close to being a severe curve. So you have to consider even other options would help you gain 20 - 30 degrees back, you would still have a 30 degree curve. So no, surgery is not the only option, but in my experience it is more of an option for men with severe curves. But I would certainly try some of the other options first. Especially if you are not in the stable phase yet.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

platothefish

Commodus67

I am in the U.K. And my consultant is useless, like you he keeps saying wait and see, and some sort of sex is better thank sex.  I've had Peyronies for coming up two years. I have a severe upward bend, I want to try traction but I just wanted my consultant to say it's worth ago, but he said he'd never heard of it. I just worry that I've been scammed forking out hundreds of pounds and possibly end up making it worse.

Jonbinspain

Traction, applied correctly, will help mitigate the curvature. It takes time, however. And application - a minimum of 3-4 hrs per day.

As you say, your consultant sounds useless. As with far too many of them, you'll get more help and information here.

Depending on your financial situation you may want to consider seeing a private consultant.