48 yr new hourglass

Previous topic - Next topic

Hourglass69

Hello my name is James I am a 48 year old male And it has been an interesting 9 months. I am now being treated by Dr Hakim at the Cleavland clinic in Weston Fl. There are only 3 Drs in the United States that do the injections I have started. Which is 6 million units of interferon. Tomorrow I go for my 2nd treatment. I have been using a pump for 1 month and it has helped with my hour glass deformity. The injections are covered by insurance but the drug is not. I have to pay 600.00 usd for the drug which will do 6 treatments. So roughly 100.00 every two weeks which is a drop in the bucket compared to Drs charges which insurance is picking up. I feel blessed to have found my dr he is very knowledgeable and did a study of these injections 2-3 years ago and had a 76% success rate. It all started in October of 2016. And after a herendous urologist handed me a brochure and said to use verapimil. I quickly found one of the top Drs in the country to treat me. I started with a bad curve and painful morning errections having to pee.  My penis is now straight again but I do have length loss and hour glass shape. Having a dr you can trust is 3/4 of the problem. I am nervous about going again tomorrow because it is not your typical injections. They first give you two shots of lidocaine and then you have to squeeze your penis for 10-15 mins to numb it all up before the dr jabs 6 needles into your penis in a very harsh pattern. I have to look away for fear of freaking out. My dr told me that this is standard procedure for this disease in Europe. But USA has not approved treatment here. There is a new drug that insurance will pay which cost about $40,000 usd but my dr does both treatments and feels more success in the interferon then this new FDA approved drug. My insurance would pay for the new drug but again my dr feels stronger about interferon injections so I am paying for the medicine. His focus is on making my penis stable again and full when erect. After the first injection I can see a difference on one side but now have a small indent where the 6 injections were placed lastime directly into the plaque. I will keep you posted on how tomorrow goes I am trying to stay positive and am glad my penis is straight again on its own at least for now and no more painful errections. Thanks I hope this helps others.  

JohnWright

Cheering you on! I most definitely would look away -- based on what you're describing. Your plan, not to freak out... That's a good plan.

Hourglass69

Thanks. Xilaflex is the name of that new FDA drug that has been approved. I saw it on another thread.  

Hourglass69

Also recommend vacuum pump ErecAid system Esteem. If insurance doesn't cover u can find on ebay new for about 150.00 it is normally 350.00 on up. It is prescription strength but don't need script for ebay. Good luck.  

Hourglass67

Thank you for writing this so honestly!! It is informative and inspiring! Good luck today and please update us to let us know how you did after today's treatment. ❤️

Christopher1

Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

TonySa

Are docs in the US, and any on west coast using interferon?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.