Treatment with a 300w infared heat lamp, is it safe?

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzyDenim

Hello,

I have a Beurer IL 50 Infrared heat lamp 300W which I purchased to relieve muscle pain after an athletic injury. It did a great job in speeding up recovery dramatically. I am now wondering if it can be used to help with my curvature and inflammation.

I sustained an injury during intercourse around 3 months ago and now have a 15-20 degree curvature to the right. I also experience pain on the left side of my penis when both flaccid and erect where the curve begins. I have no obvious plaque but have been diagnosed with peyronies by a urologist as my symptoms match.

I had a browse online and on this forum but I didn't find many people who have tried it. I also wonder is it safe? I know infared light can be harmful in some regions of the body including the testicles so I wonder if using it on the penis will be beneficial or detrimental.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge in this area please let me know. Thank you!

Paolo

Hi DizzyDenim, I have sent you a personal message (PM) referring to a site that members have used IR lamps, hope it's helpful  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Tychy

IR lamp is safe when using enough distance. The skin is more delicate down there, so keep a bit more space. It also won't damage your testicles. You may hinder sperm mobility, but unless you want kids in the next 100 days, it shouldn't be a problem.

People still use IR saunas naked ;)

Xanders

Hi everyone. I'm interested in heat therapy and might want to try it, but I can't seem to find something explaining how to do it on here. Could one of ya'll link me to something? It doesn't matter if it's on this site or not.

TonySa

You might look for a recent thread re using hothands hand warmers (or another brand). I've beenapplying diclofenac and then these heat pads for 8-10 hours twice a day.  Could also use with stretching from what I hear and hope to start soon.  I found taping it on creates problems so I use self adhesive gauze in thin strips as it needs exposure to the air to maintain its heat.  Pm me if I can help.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

lessor

Have you noticed improvement  in fibrosis with heat? (Or warm baths, warm wraps or other similar thing)

swiss

I've noticed HUGE improvement with heat and I massaged a lot. The strands are much much much reduced. Pain reduced with mag oil twice a day. Starting traction this month and I'm self employed so all I have is time  

lessor

Christopher1

Some of these lamps are extremely expensive. The ones designed for therapeutic benefits.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.