20 year veteran

Previous topic - Next topic

surfdude

Don't know if this website was around when I first discovered my disease.  I am 68 years old and about 20 years ago I woke up to a erection bend and some pain.  I was out of town on business and immediately called my wife from my hotel bed.  She was sympathetic but not worried like me. Upon returning home I contacted a urologist and we decided to try cholchicine (may have been verapamil) injections weekly for six weeks.  At this point I had a nearly 90 degree bend and bottleneck shape midway down the shaft but otherwise normal erection.  Pain was nearly gone and only during erection. Also I had a nickel sized plaque on top of my penis.  The Cholchicine seemed to soften the plaque a little at first but after than nothing.  When that didn't work I decided to do nothing further as my wife and I had adapted and could still have satisfying sex.  In fact my wife said it was better with the bend :)  

Long story short, now I am with a new woman.  Sex is frequent as you would expect with a new romance.  Now I am getting pain on erection and more bending during intercourse.  My partner is not concerned and tells me not to worry.  Again it is me that is worried about possible worsening and pain.  I haven't been to a doctor about my latest worries.  I found this site and wanted to catch up on the latest treatments and opinions.  So here I am.  I would like to know firstly if there are oral medications that have worked for someone like me, a 20 year veteran of Peyronies.  Or am I too far gone?    

LWillisjr

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History