Mass Mailing Project Volunteer Page

Previous topic - Next topic

ComeBacKid

* Post here if your interested in helping us with our mass mailing project, please list your screename and region, state, or town if you can help in. This project consists of listing urologists in certain areas, and then mailing out a copy of our standardized letter, and any other items we decide to include, to these urologists, with the goal of increasing the membership of the PDS. Once I confirm with you via PM that you want to help, and with what area, you will be added to the Assignment Page for Mass Mailing Project topic at the top of  this Awareness/Advocacy/Activism forum.*

cowboyfood

Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

ComeBacKid

Cowboyfood,

You've been added for atlanta , georgia, if you need any assistance, don't hesitate to PM me.

Comebackid

Skjaldborg

Comebackid,

Question: what are you using as the return address on the envelopes you send out? Your own? Does PDS have a P.O. Box somewhere? I don't mind using my own address but I was just wondering. Thanks!

Skjald

ComeBacKid

Skjaldborg,

Welcome to the project, if everyone pitches in just a little, this can go along way to raise membership, seems like we've had a light surge in new members lately.

Just use your own return address, the PDS has one, but hawk has not revealed it to us, and I don't think he wants a surge of return mail.  However I think we will get very little return mail, to date I've recieved nothing back from any urologists, only undeliverable envelopes.

Keep us posted on your success.

You've been added for nor cal and iowa, you can view that on the mass mailing project assignment page.

Comebackid

Skjaldborg

There are quite a few Uros in the areas I am covering. I am in the initial stages of putting names and addresses into an Excel file and then doing a mail merge to print out envelopes and letters. This may take some time but should be worth it in the end. I'll post again when I mail everything out.

-Skjald

ComeBacKid

Skjaldborg,

Excellent, keep up the good work, take your time, as much as you need and hit the key peyronies doctors.  Just another example of what we can accomplish as a group when people pitch in with just a little time and a couple bucks for postage.  Whats a book of stamps these days $8.20 ?  You can reach 20 urologists with this.  

Keep us posted, we are currently averaging 2.02 members per  day signing up for a new account.  

We are slowly but surely covering the entire usa, and north america.  The key to our growth will be to have people helping us in the middle east and Asia.  There are huge populations in these geographical locations and can help us drive our growth in membership, and put us on the map so when we do write letters, companies like auxilium respond to us.

We currently have a member working on the Saudia Arabia area and Phillipines.  

Comebackid

Skjaldborg

Sent 33 letters including business cards to urologists in Northern California today. I used a website that appeared to list only active, practicing urologists. Will report if I get any sent back.

Best,

Skjaldborg

ComeBacKid

Hey Skjaldborg,

Good to hear from you! Excellent work, with members pitching in just a little, it helps me as I try to make sure every state in the United States is covered with our mailings.  So far we are making great progress on this. However, we always can use more volunteers.

I've sent out over 225 mailings, I've had 14 that were undeliverable, I've had several more that came back, at least 10, however the address was corrected and they were re-sent.  I noticed some docs have two different addresses online, or they have not updated their sites, or they moved and did not notify anyone. One mailing was sent back to me with the new address- however because it was longer than a year, the Post office will no longer forward old mail for the doctor who moved to boca rotan, Florida, he didn't bother to change his webpage yet...

Comebackid

ComeBacKid

Excellent work!  I'll post that at the top in a locked format, so members can use that one, or the regular letter, as having all those colors can drain printer cartritges fast, and some may not want to use it.  It looks good, post those business cards when you can, and I'll add them as well.  Currently, I just open a word document and type:

Peyronies Disease Society
Chat Forum: Link
Webpage: Link

The title is boldened and I make the links blue.  I copy and paste that over and over on one page, print it, and then cut them out and include them with the letter.

Post your business cards when you finish them and I'll make them a locked topic at the top of the board so members can print them as well if they wish. Keep up the good work!  

And remember, we'd much rather have 30 letters go out all across texas, than 30 sent just in Dallas for example, we want to cast our net out wide, if I were doing a state like Texas, I might send 5 letters to each major city, 3 to mid major cities, and 1 to smaller towns randomly across the state just to reach rural places.

Comebackid