Has your pain subsided some after acute phase?

Previous topic - Next topic

NDCPey

Good Afternoon all,

I have been suffering from Peyroine's since about December 2015. I tried to give it some time, hoping I would be one of the lucky few to see it disappear, during this time, I was fairly sexually active December 2015 - June 2016 and then July 2016 - January 2017 I did not so much as masturbate or engage in anything with a partner. I have gone in stretches of use over the last few months, sometimes a few times a week, sometimes less than once a month. In the last 3 months I have begun Pentox, traction device and some OTC supplements.

One thing that bothers me more than the curve itself (35-40 degree upward), is the pain. Not just during the erection, but during use, a few minutes post-ejaculation and probably the worst, at night. I get an erection nearly every night, including some nocturnal emissions when I have not been sexually active for several weeks, but the night erections wake me, often 2-4 times a night because of pain.

A long story to a short question, but has anyone had experience with the pain subsiding once the acute phase is over? I have to imagine I am nearing the end of my acute phase now coming up on 18 months since initial symptoms of Peyroines. I appreciate any input. I am hopeful for healing, but if I was left with this curve, but without the pain, I could at least live with that.  

LWillisjr

It is quite common to experience pain during the acute phase, and then to have it subside once you are stable. This was my experience although even during the acute phase my pain was mild.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Paolo

Hi NDCPey, the worst for me was the pain it was quite severe at the start, I was taking ALC for it for many months along with very low dose aspirin, it lasted about 10-12 months. The thing is though even now pain free I can occasionally get some aching, thankfully that has been some time (6+ months) since I did however.

I am now stable and as long as I am pain free I am (relatively) happy, I hope your pain issues resolve soon  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Jaystuart

My pain was moderate, and even worse when erect when it started in Oct 2015. It began to decrease a little after a year and was finally gone as of March 2017. I faithfully took Pentoxifylline starting May 2016, which seemed to help the last 9 months.

spanish

Jaystuart, Paolo, did you have pain while flaccid?  

Paolo

Hi Spanish, no I didn't experience flaccid pain, with one exception. During the acute phase I would get what could only be described as 'electric shocks' down the whole length of my penis, thing is it only happened on two-three occasions, then just stopped.
For me the pain that persisted the most seemed to be around the testicle area ( at the time the veins in the scrotum seemed to be swollen).

I am, glad to say pain free now and am a believer in reverse kegels that have not only helped overall but have had the benefit of making my flaccid penis hang better during the day.

I think CPPS exercises are useful along with kegels, if you use kegels then both normal kegels and reverse kegels need to be balanced over time.

Feel free to PM if you wish and take care  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Christopher1

Pentox and vigorous cardiovascular exercise took my pain away.

I also decreased my cholesterol in my diet - which I think helped.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.