Been diagnosed this week and would love some feedback

Previous topic - Next topic

fairfaxology

Hi everyone,

Amazing that this level of detailed forum exists. Thank you anyone who takes time to read/reply to me. It is incredibly appreciated.

My story - About a month ago I quite suddenly feel three large (2 x 1cm, 1 x 2cm) calcifications on the top shaft of my penis. I was still sexually when realised they were there and continued to over that week, not knowing what they were.  The NHS doc then confirmed peyronie's after a ultrasound.

He says that 13% of cases go away, and of the remaining 87% roughly 50% stays the same and 50% worsens. From reading all the posts here I can see that this info seems a little vague. I have taken it all rather well I feel but now want to take the best course of immediate action. It has been about a month since noticing it, it hasn't grown, I am still masturbating/getting erections and the pain is minimal.

Obviously I am fairly anxious the symptoms are going to worsen, if they stayed as are now then that is absolutely fine. The doc said today to wait and see what happens but I said no I want to see a urologist (this type of 'treat it when it happens' Western medicine is rather frustrating!)

So the main Q's are;

should I be looking at starting to take the classic drug mix I have read on here? Should I begin to massage/treat myself with or without a VED and can I/should I continue to masturbate/have sex?

As I said I am very appreciative and will respond to others forever more to try and help them with this strange ailment!

Best Regards,

Tom  

fairfaxology

I have since seen that this might not have been the best place for this and all the answers can be found in other people's posts. Sorry, was just starting out.  

Jonbinspain

If you've been told to 'wait and see' don't listen!, spontaneous resolution of this disease is very rare. The time to fight back is now.

Read the sections on oral treatment. And yes, look at VED/traction or both. Healthy blood flow and overall penile health are essential in fighting this.

You mention calcification. Is that a confirmed diagnosis by ultrasound?  Or just your own term?  Calcified plaque is far harder to treat, is why I'm asking.

The disease itself is an enigma. What works for one guy, doesn't for another. The disease can progress slowly, or rapidly, or not at all.

Overall, it's best not to assume that your condition won't worsen.  

fairfaxology

Thank you for the reply.  I am doing asyou say and looking into everything and already started with ginger, burdock, magnesium and light massaging. I will move onto traction ASAP and also do more dead lifts etc. I am also going to buy the heat patches.

The urologist called them calcifications, the GP talked to me by phone and I cannot remember what he said as he just said Peyronies and best to wait and see but I have insisted on seeing a urologist and he has referred me. He suggested I didn't bother and waited and see what would happen and to be honest after reading this forum I am going to write him a letter explaining how careless I think that is. I would love to know if he would wait and see if it were him.

I will have to ring the surgery and ask if they are definitely calcifications but the ultrasound radiologist immediately said that. I don't believe I have word the word "Plaque" from either the doctor or the radiologist but first saw it online.  

fairfaxology

I called my GP and was put straight through (NHS is brilliant in some respects). He said there was no mention of the word calcification on the report from the radiologist (although that was definitely what the radiologist said at the moment). The report just said there were areas of echogenic focai.

rinsed

I'm a new guy here and I've just been diagnosed too.

My GP told me to just wait and said he'd refer me to a urologist if and when the condition worsened. I totally ignored that, based on advice from helpful guys on here.

I went to see a urologist privately who confirmed 100% that I'd done the right thing by taking steps early on and not waiting. I'm now on some oral treatments which I'll combine with some supplements and a healthy anti inflammatory diet. I came away feeling much more positive that at least I'm doing as much as possible.

Take the advice on here and don't wait!.........I'm no expert, but a well respected urologist with years of Peyronie's experience told me that just this week!

There's no guarantees but you give yourself a much better chance than if you do nothing.