News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

Kahuna31

I'm a 66 year old who found out he had peyronies about 8 months ago.  While in the urologist office for my testosterone I asked about these peas on the side of my penis.  He told me I had a disease called peyronies.  He went on to explain what it was and how to treat.  I told him I had noticed my erections were smaller and my penis was bent upwards.  He said that what happens when you have this disease.  So he told me to come back in 2 weeks which we had another discussion on treatment.  He told me the Xiaflex was best way but expensive, I told him I'm all in.  He told me he would order the drug and let me know when it was in.  I'm on Medicare so I was told my out of pocket was going to be $2,600 but they had a grant program that picks up about $7,000 for a year towards your out of pocket.....great news.  So I have had 6 injections now and feel it has help a lot.  During this time doc said I should use a VED which I started after the first visit.  I'm still using it but doc should look into a traction device now that curve has subsisted.  He told me the traction device would start to give me some of my length and girth back.  This sound very encouraging but I ask all of you which device my be best for my situation?  Thanking all of you in advance for any help or advise.  I have attached the information on Xiaflex if anyone cares to read.
Let's all help each other