Pain after traction

Previous topic - Next topic

daybyday

I started traction today, I am using the Penimaster Pro. Had a 2hr session, moderate stretch nothing major and no pain during, found that later tonight the pain seemed pretty bad (the stinging pins and needles had returned). Any suggestions? I want to get this treatment on the road, should I start with less than 2 hours? I only put tension to the first notch.. wondering if VED would make more sense for me at the moment as it seems my pain minimizes when I have decent bloodflow.. any advice is appreciated

Thank you

Pfract

Did you had that pain before? Does penimaster come with instructions? Read them? I would definitely go with light sessions of 15 minutes, see how it goes and increase slowly and methodically.  

skunkworks

You need to test your device to see what tension you're under when at that first notch. It could be much higher than you think.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Patman

Interesting. I wonder where your plaque/scar tissue is located.  Mine is deep within and by my base and VED seems to expand and irritate the area so I have stopped the VED treatment due to pain.  Unlike you, I am considering traction but am afraid to invest and begin this treatment for fear of your symptoms...sorry to hear this. wonder if it just takes a while for your penis to get use to the pull...

daybyday

Pfract - yes the pain is what I've been experiencing (note, this is when it's flaccid) since the start of all this in November.

Skunk - thank you, I will do that. What is a good tension for beginning in your opinion, 900?

Willihen - The ultrasound showed slight thickening of the tunica, but there is definitely curvature. So in short, no specific "plaque" site as of yet

daybyday

Willihen - did your plaque clearly show up on ultrasound although it's deep inside?

Patman

strangely enough, I have yet to get an ultrasound.  I go to the VA and they are not that giving...
I am going off of my own examination and my doctors. I do believe it is restricting blood flow and I have lost girth
Luckily the urologist was quick
to prescribe Pentox and give me a supplement regime... But I would like an ultrasound.
Im new to this Peyronies.

We will see.

Good luck daybyday

frank_a_c

Daybyday,

I have had a hard time starting traction for the same reason. It's really annoying. It seems like nerve pain for me rather than tissue but hard to say for sure.
Dr. Levine mentioned that some people may need to wait until the inflammation dies down longer in the acute phase. Others can just start traction right away with no issues. Everyone is different. So I guess what I'm saying is the you're in the very early stages and it's not surprising that its creating some discomfort. Some guys on here have some luck with applying heat before and after stretching.  

skunkworks

Ease off on the hours and the tension I'd say, then slowly build back up.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

daybyday

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm trying again right now, I really kind of despise this penimaster pro and the way it fits. It feels really poorly made..

icet

Could you please elaborate on why you don't like it? I was thinking of purchasing one myself. It's supposedly the most comfortable one out there but quite expensive. However, no matter how cheaply you think it's made, I don't think there is anything else out there that is better. If you disagree, please let me know an alternative.

Jonbinspain

Virtually all traction devices are ridiculously expensive for what they are,  imo.  

frank_a_c

The penimaster is not cheap and I don't have any experience with the other devices, but I think this one is pretty usable once you get the hang of it. I would recommend watching the videos included and studying the handbook carefully.

One thing that worked for me:
THe device will come with three sized of rubber inserts, meant to accommodate different penis sizes. There are also plastic inserts that go withing the "globe" that do the same.

What worked for me was starting with the largest sizes of rubber inserts and no size adjusters for the globe. my penis slowly slid back out, which indicated I needed to go down one size. This way, I wasn't trying to force my guy into a small size and working my way up, rather worked down to what worked for me.  

daybyday

The problem I have is that the cap that covers the head of the penis has to go on perfectly straight and this is literally impossible for me to do with all the twisting squeezing holding etc that needs to be done just to get it to suction. If it doesn't go on straight then it twists your penis in the traction frame and that CANT be good for anything. I may just go back to the X4 this has been endless frustration, not to mention I can't even get a good stretch and constantly hear random popping and moving from the device as if the springs are slipping or something I have no idea..

LeeBee69

There's a definite knack to getting the glans chamber on. I start by with the pump attached to the chamber and the chamber at 90 degs. I then depress and turn the glans chamber 90 degs. Now it's straight and primed. I then swivel my penis 90degs and apply that way - I find it easier to judge that it is going on straight that way. I rarely get it on one go but do a second pump, I find this gives more control and stops it pinging, which can be uncomfortable.

@daybyday I recommend DMSO + Colloidal Silver at the site of any pain when you feel it. It should help prevent further scaring.

Cheers,
LeeBee

daybyday

This is beyond frustrating for me, using this device you're supposed to press the springs down to a certain tension line then insert your penis. Presumably the tension is supposed to stay at that line meaning that is the amount of tension that's being applied.. Theres's so many moving parts here that no matter how deep i compress it, it comes all the way back up to the top meaning 0 tension is being applied.. I've added the lengtheners to it and i'm still having this problem. Additionally I'm developing some sort of bump on the rim of the glans, presumably from the pressure.. I've only logged 2 hours with this thing over the past two weeks I don't know how to prevent that from happening. Not sure where to go from here I feel as though this isn't having any positive effect as there's hardly any tension, and is merely making things worse with this bump or blister that's developing on my glans. Idk what to do.

skunkworks

Have you read the instructions for the device? It sounds like you are using it wrong.

Tension is adjusted with the screws at the bottom of the bars.  The x4 works the same way.

I don't have a penimaster but just read the instructions and it looks very well designed. With either of the spring rod models it allows you to strap into the head or put on the suction cup BEFORE attaching it to the spring loaded traction bars. That is a mod I made to my own device years ago, made a world of difference.

Go to the website and look at the instructions and the video instructions for your device.

LWillisjr

Quote from: daybyday on February 13, 2017, 01:07:56 PM

Presumably the tension is supposed to stay at that line meaning that is the amount of tension that's being applied..

Not true.....   When you release the springs the device will change. It will not just stay at that position. If the springs fully extend... most of them have rod that are on a threaded screw and you can turn them (while still wearing the device) to add more tension. But I would caution you not to over do it on the tension until you get used to the device.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

skunkworks

Yep tension is provided by the springs but controlled by the threaded bolts/screws.

Strongly recommend he read/watch the instructions provided by the company, they would answer his questions very clearly.

daybyday

Right so if there are 5 notches, you turn the springs till the notches disappear (obviously depending on how much tension you want). My problem is that when I turn out the tension nut, the device merely gets longer and the tension doesn't increase. Also, does anyone else have the problem of the base of the device pushing into the base of your urethra at the bottom/base of your penis? This is where the frustration comes from, so I'm using the screws to increase tension but they're merely lengthening the device and driving the base into my urethra which is extremely uncomfortable. That tension on the urethra for 1000 cumulative hours is bound to have negative effects..  

frank_a_c

Daybyday,
regarding the bump on your glans - I had this once and realized there was a tiny hole in the rummer insert. That tiny hole, under vacuum pressure, was pulling in skin from the glans. I replaced it and the problem was solved. I would remove the insert and inspect it before using again.