Mild vs Severe

Previous topic - Next topic

whydoyouneedthis

So this might be pretty skewed, since I assume it's the people with more severe symptoms on here, but I was wondering how many cases are mild (an almost unnoticeable bend/dent etc) to moderate to severe? I saw an scientific article that rather than relying on questionnaires or people coming to urologists, they actually looked at how many people had plaques during autopsies. I don't remember the exact number, but it was higher than other results. Obviously autopsies are more likely to be on older men, and rates go up with age, but I was wondering if the rate is so high, why doesn't everyone know about this. It therefore seems likely that most cases are very mild, though I don't know if there's a way to tell this from the study I saw since corpses don't get erections. This might be a better topic for polls, though I also just want to know if someone has seen statistics in another paper somewhere.

Sta

Imho Peyronies Disease is be spreaded as much as atherosclerosis.

1. Once you get older you care less
2. If you young and get it you would not be yelling about it on every corner
3. If ONE get it does it really matter what spread it really has...
Born 1985, Peyronie's since 2011/12. Lost approximately 3 cm of length and seriously bottlenecked.

LWillisjr

Are you asking if Peyronies gets worse with age, or older men have more severe cases?
I believe the severity has nothing to do with age. I have spoken to young and old both with mild or severe cases.

I think the reason we have such little data on this is that men are hesitant to talk about. I am discovering there are men in my church with Peyronies who never even sought treatment because they were too embarrassed.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

whydoyouneedthis

I'm just asking if most cases are mild and that's why people don't seek treatment. If it was as common as it is and most cases were severe, you'd think there'd be a lot bigger push about it, both to get people aware and fund research, as well as getting people to open up.

Old Man

why:

Just my 2 cents about the reason why more cases of Peyronies Disease, ED and other men's health/sexual problems are not discussed by men.

The male ego centers sometimes/most of the time around their sexual prowess or ability to perform like a stud horse in the bedroom. When their sexual/libido diminishes for any reason, they just clam up and suffer in silence. This opinion is based on my having worked with personal uro for many years and through work with the American Cancer Society as a counselor for prostate cancer.

I have found in my past history working with men about their personal sexual problems that the above proves to be true. I have many personal friends that have opened up to me about their sexual problems when I tell them that I have experienced these areas of men's sexual problems. These guys just marvel that other men have the same problems and have never discussed them even with their doctors.

So, why men just won't open up remains somewhat of a mystery to me.

Old Man

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.