Started xiaflex today

Previous topic - Next topic

Tipsey4

Received my first xiaflex injection today at the Boston, MA VA Medical Center. About a year ago I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease but waited until I was sure that I wanted to try Xiaflex. I have about a 70 degree up and to the left curve with loss of girth and hour-glassing. Today went longer than expected. I could not self induce erection so they gave me the injection to produce an erection.The injection worked just fine and the did the measuring, mapping and plotting required for the Xiaflex injection. The problem is that it took about 3 hours to get the erection to resolve. It was almost to the point to consider a reversal injection drug but it finally resolved. The plaque was located at or near the base and I received my first injection. I chose not to receive a numbing injection so the injection did sting quite a bit but I got through it. I was given a compression wrap which I am to remove after 6-8 hours. Slight discomfort but nothing too terrible so far.

QuackAttack

Tipsey,

Keep the coflex on and re-wrap with new coflex till you get the second injection. Ask you doctor to give you a roll of coflex so you can wrap it for three days post injection 2. Doing this will greatly reduce the swelling and in my experience make it less likely to have a spontaneous erection, which is something you don't want right off the bat because of the possibility of penile fracture. This method is my doctor's new protocol.

sadmonkey

With the coflex wrap do you still do the stretching/modeling for the first three days or do you wait to start that until day four?

QuackAttack

Sad,

My URO doesn't have me modeling the first two weeks, which I followed the first cycle. However, this cycle, I am doing one hour of traction in the AM and one hour in the PM, one week after completion of the cycle. I am not sure why my URO isn't following the stretching protocol from the manufacture at day three. I think he is being very conservative and trying to avoid penile fracture. I am going to continue my method as it seems to be fine. I plan to start VED as I did after two weeks from the cycle end on the first cycle. This cycle I will begin VED next Monday and continue with traction. Just based on the swelling, I wouldn't do traction till a week the cycle. I am hoping that my URO gets me a Penimaster Pro as it will provide the comfort of a Phallosan Forte and the stretch of a rod traction device like the Sizegenetics. Then I'll kick up my traction wearing to about 4 hours a day.