Is thickening of the shaft common?

Previous topic - Next topic

overcomethis

Hey all,

This may be a silly question to some but I just wanted to clarify...

When we talk on Peyronies it is often referring to Plaque (of which I have a calcified spot), but my penis also has thickening in what feels like the two chambers on each side of the penis.  I suspect this was caused (or at the very least, exaserbated) by me over-pumping with VED around the time of my initial injury.

Is this thickening of the two chambers on each side of the penis (I forget the anatomic term) a common symptom of Peyronies.. Do you guys all have this too?

This right now is the most significant symptom for me and it has affected the whole of my penis.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to treat this type of symptom and if this is common for peyronies or if I have something else.

Thanks guys  :)

EDIT:  After doing a bit of reading I came across this thread: Fear I may have cavernosal fibrosis- need some input, please... - Peyronies Society Forums  
Seems like I may have fibrosis of the corpus Cavernosum?  I don't know exactly what this means in terms of how things are likely to progress.  Is it likely that my whole penis (i.e. the entire chambers of the corpus cavernosum) will become like one big calcified plaque over time?  The thought of my whole penis becoming one big plaque is a lot more concerning than dealing with the normal Peyronies symptoms of "calcified spots" on parts of the penis.

A quote from Mike_VT who made the post I linked above stated the following:
"I suffer daily from non-stop low-level burning in my perineum and around my iscial tuberosities...

As far as my penile symptoms, though I did have a bit of trauma to my penis itself, the facts that a) it will sometimes hang softly and normally (especially when lying down, or just after urination.... or, when it's in the "firm flaccid" state, if I play with it just a bit, it will soften)"

I'm not exactly sure where the perineum and iscial tuberosities are, but I also suffer from daily non-stop low-level burning in the penis, especially along the left side.
I also have same experience of my penis hanging looser when I urinate.  Or if I massage it or play with it just a bit, it will soften. It will often return back to feeling quite hard immediately if not soon after.

Hopefully this edit gives a bit more insight into things so that I can gain a better insight into what exactly this all means, if it is common for everyone here, and if it is possible to treat.  

In saying all this it could be the Tunica that is affected? (although I'm pretty sure its the corpus cavernosum)
The most recent doppler ultrasound I have done simply says "The area of concern (left mid shaft) revealed subtle thickening over that area of concern, but no plaque.  There was, however a calcified plaque in the septum".  With that, I don't really know if the "area of concern" he was reffering to was within the corpus cavernosum or tunica.   During the doppler I had him focus on the left side but I now also feel the same kind of hardness down the right side, no pain on that side though.

QuackAttack

Over,

The plaque (fibrosis) that is calcified is on the Tunica Albuginea which surrounds the Corpus Cavernosum. What you have just stated is: you have Peyronies. It sounds like you were using VED for one reason or another and experienced an injury to your penis. You wouldn't be the only person that said they came to the forum due to a VED injury. I think VED manufactures should have warnings that Peyronies can occur by over pumping. Unfortunately there are many companies out there that aren't responsible and are out to make a buck on people that want nothing more than a big dick. So the joke companies like Bathmate that show some guy getting his rocks off in a bathtub pumping aren't going to have the same kind of protocols and warnings that a reputable medical company like Soma has for VED which is also used for ED.

As far as this thickening is concerned, loss in girth is common, not increased girth. However, have you been checked for penile fracture?