First Post - Plication Surgery in Two Days

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaBear

Hello all.  I am 59 and in generally good shape.  I have dealt with (advancing) Peyronies Disease for two to three years.  I recently finished xiaflex treatment with poor results.  I am having penile plication surgery in two days.  My surgeon (urologist) has both excellent credentials and experience, so my "anxiousness" over the surgery is minimal.  I do have some "general" questions for the "group" however.

(1) Has anyone experienced discoloration (darkening) of the penis after xiaflex treatment?  My urologist told me (and my wife) it would probably be "permanent".

(2) Has anyone had plaque form on the opposite side of the penis (the side opposite the injection side) during the months of xiaflex treatment or immediately upon its completion?

(3) Does anyone regret undergoing xiaflex treatment?

Thanks in advance for feedback and feel free to comment on penile plication should you so desire.

QuackAttack

Papa Bear,

I just went through my 1st cycle of Xiaflex and have not seen any discoloration. Although, I do have one small spot at the 1st injection site where I had some residual swelling and pain for 3-4 days that is a little dark purpleish. At this point, I can't say I regret it since there aren't all that many options available.

I have a question for you though. Did your doctor use ultrasound to guide the injections and if so, did he have a have somebody holding the ultrasound while your URO stretched the penis and injected?

Thanks,

Quack

PapaBear

Quack:

Doppler Ultrasound was used "pre-xiaflex" and "post-xiaflex" but no ultrasound was used on the days of the actual injections.  On those days the "procedure" was (a) injection for "artificial erection", (b) marking of the point of maximum curvature, (c) wait for erection to subside, (d) injection by urologist while "assistant" stretched my penis.

By the way, your "side effects" from your injection seem pretty "normal" to me (but I am not a doctor).

Hope this helps.

Papa Bear