New plaque formation? Please offer insight.

Previous topic - Next topic

hello_ct

Some background:

- hypochondriac
- developed Peyronies Disease about four years ago and was 'treated' by Dr. Levine with the traction device and pentox
- the location is close to the glans and uniform on either side which causes the hourglass look and a upward curvature which causes no issues

Fast forward to two months ago, I noticed a slight pain/discormfort when I woke up with my morning erection only when I flexed my penis using the same muscle the would stop a urine stream, not kegels. I thought nothing of it until the same thing happened two days later and I decided to self examine and noticed what felt like a small moveable rice grain-like nodule that was the source of the discomfort. The location is well down my shaft on the right side at the very base of the penis on the underside. When I'm flacid it's pretty much inside my body, but when I'm fully erect it's clearly at the under right side of the base of my penis. It seemed to be located on/in a cord like structure that's on both sides of the penis. Unsure if these are muscle or tendons but we all have them.

Because I freak out over things like this (who wouldn't?) I naturally bother it and self examine pretty much daily ever since my first discovery. About a week or so ago while in the shower I noticed more to nodule like formation. There definitely seems to be a formation of a small lump/plaque that really wasn't as noticeable before or I wasn't really looking for it. It's not visibile and you have to feel for it, but it's definitely there.

Last week I made an appointment to see a Urologist (not Dr. Levine) but at a different health system much closer to my office out of conevenience. I explained to the resident and Urologist what I stated here and receive a physical examination from each of them. They both told me without saying 100% certainty because doctors can't say that, but with 99%/highly confident based on examination that it's not serious and feels like plaque which did left me relieved because I read up on penile sarcoma and got pretty worried and still to this day freak out. It comes and goes and I did read up on how a 29 year old male (I'm about to be 29) was misdiagnosed with Peyronies Disease plaque and died a few years later because it was actually sarcoma. Read that today and now I'm thinking the worst things and feel like making an appointment to get a biopsy to put an end to this psychological suffering DESPITE two professionals saying that it doesn't feel serious, especially since I had Peyronies Disease in the past.

Another important distinction to make is that when I had Peyronies Disease, an erection in general would cause pain/discormfort. That's not the case with whatever I have now, I have to actually flex my penis to feel any sort of discomfort which actually is fading. The discomfort was consistent when I first noticed this when I would flex every time. Now I can flex with a full erection and I really don't feel any discomfort which doesn't seem to be a characteristic of Peyronies Disease which has me worried. It's also on one side and not uniform.

Does anyone have any experience with anything I described? Should I go get a second opinion from Dr. Levine or go back and ask for a biopsy? I'm just so nervous and it's all I've been thinking about daily ever since I noticed it back in August even though I had two professionals examine and tell me that it's not serious. Please shed me some light and hopefully positive vibes.

JohnWright

Hi Hello_CT:

In spite of a) hypochondriac, and because of b) prior Peyronies Disease about four years ago and was 'treated' by Dr. Levine with the traction device and pentox, c) it is your penis, d) you are obviously generally informed by this board or you wouldn't have seen Dr. Levine in the first place, YOU SHOULD go back to Dr. Levine. Inconvenient travel perhaps, but think about the subject matter. Ahem. Just sayin!

John

hello_ct

I made an appointment to see him as early as possible which won't be until next month. I'm now considering scheduling and requesting a biopsy being done if that's even possible with the other uro I saw last week so I can have a definitive answer before Levine.

spyrosg

Dear hello_ct,

Pls, relax, the chances for a penis sarcoma are extreeeeemely limited in the population ... Wait for your appointment and stop thinking about that ... to proceed with biopsy, at your own, without prior uro's endorsement in really not logical ... just relax ...

It would be interesting to tell us about your pentox & traction experience and whether this treatment worked for you ... Judging by your expression -in past tense - ''.... when I had Peyronies ...'' , it seems that you really had good results, meaning that you are really a lucky guy.... how much time you were with Pentox ????    

hello_ct

Spy,

The thing is I had Peyronies Disease before and this wasn't exactly 100% what I experienced. That could be because I'm only two months in to this new discovery but I've read a story online (first mistake) of a misdiagnosis that was thought to be Peyronies Disease but was actually sarcoma and two years later the patient (that was my same age, 29) died. Obviously there shouldn't be a reason to worry yet because nothing definitive was said, but I did end up calling the uro office back to ask for a follow up to definitively figure out what this is because I truly need that peace of mind because it's taken over my thoughts for two months every single day and I just can't live this way anymore. I know what you said is true and that it is rare, but what I read is that it actually occurs in young men mostly, not the elderly. I'm just a bit worried.

My lump isn't flat, it's a very small ball-like structure I think. It's kind of hard to describe but maybe more like a small mound that is painless and doesn't move and is adjacent to a small rice grain-like nodule that does appear to move. Peyronies Disease, as far as the internet goes seems to be flat for the most part.