Should I get a 1 Cylinder vs 3 Cylinder device? Please help!

Previous topic - Next topic

Justinian

I'm deciding on which device to buy, and Augusta medical systems has both 1 cylinder and 3 cylinders, but insists that the 3 cylinder is better for Peyronie's (and Old Man, who has been very helpful, says the same). The one cylinder, however, is about $200 less expensive - and, I assume, operates on the same principle, so in theory should also work. There's not much rigorous science behind the differences in these devices, so is it really possible to say that a 3 cylinder is worth the extra $200? I am hesitant since my financial situation is not great. Please guys let me know, I need to get this started immediately!

Thanks
-J

Old Man

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

cduser

Old Man,

1 cylinder vs 3 cylinder device.  Through the doctor I just received a once cylinder VED to treat Peyronies. After reviewing this form it appears that the whole concept of the 3 cylinders is to have the cylinder(s) compress against the penis and break the scar tissue up. Question: Is this correct? Will the 1 cylinder do the same thing through the vacuum pressure?

Old Man

cduser:

I sent you an answer to your PM about using the one cylinder. Yes, there is a different approach to using either of the VEDs. You should read through both protocols for the one and three cylinder protocols. Then send me a PM with the questions that arise from your research of these protocols.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

QuackAttack

Cduser,

I would suggest a three cylinder if possible. I have a one cylinder that my URO gave me and because of how large the cylinder is, it allows for the shaft to bend upward a bit. I have asked my URO at Walter Reed to get me a three cylinder SOMA and I am hoping to get it in January. I think having a cylinder that is closer to your shaft size would be beneficial to stretch the plaque out and not let it angle upward, downward or sideways.