Traction causing chronic (flaccid) pain: should I stop or continue?

Previous topic - Next topic

Justinian

I only started my traction last week, using an X4 (rod traction-based) device. I only did a few sessions to get used to it, maybe an hour each around four times. I found it difficult to find the correct amount of tension with the noose, but soon after wearing it I have noticed that my chronic flaccid pain (which was maybe a constant 1-2) has gone up to a 3-4. This is 24/7 pain, so I'm very hesitant to continue the traction - even though it's perhaps my only hope to improve this naturally. I'm caught between a rock (remaining impotent) and a hard place (increasing the chronic pain that I already struggle to live with and/or making the scarring worse).

I believe the scarring site is around the area where the noose pulls (just below the glans), so I suspect that is the problem.

I have 3 months until I see my urologist (who told me to start the traction) after which I will likely have to wait another few months at the very least to see him again. I have no way to contact him now as his office doesn't respond to inquiries, so I just have no authority to consult now. Any experiences with this guys?

Thanks,

Justinian

Gutted

If it's possibly pressure caused by the tight noose pressing on the plaque site .... maybe a suction cup based (rods) traction/extender maybe the solution.....??

P.S. - also try heating yourself well before starting and then during the traction treatment as well

skunkworks

That sounds to me like too much tension used too soon, and possibly the noose being too tight.

I'd do a few things at this point.

1. Take a few weeks off traction, making sure you get regular erections each day (important for penile health but don't beat your dick up to get them) and see how the pain responds
2. Measure the tension on your device at the line markings
3. When you start back up, try to maintain a tension of around 900grams on your device, for hour long sessions
4. As Gutted suggested, warm up beforehand. A sock filled with rice and microwaved can do the job well, or some use chemical handwarmers.
5. Practice strapping into the device. It is a  skill in itself, finding the right placement and tightness of the noose is essential to good results. Just under the glans and only just tight enough to hold yet not slip are the key points. Washing the noose regularly to get rid of oils can help it grip with friction better so you can tighten it less.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Justinian

Thanks Skunk. I'll be taking a break for the next few days at least. I've been using the X4 labs like I said before and I've found it difficult to use. Also there is no way to measure the traction numerically like you said (i.e. 900 g). What device did/do you use?

skunkworks

I measured the tension at the lines marked on the device, by using a kitchen scale and pushing down on the device till it lined up with a marking, and noting the weight on the scale.

Push down till the scale reads 900grams and use an indelible marker to mark a line there.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]