Start Xiaflex Oct 4

Previous topic - Next topic

QuackAttack

After 15 months of alternative treatments including supplements, traction and VED, my URO at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Dr. Robert Dean who is very knowledgeable for anybody with US Military medical benefits) will start me on the first round of Xiaflex on Oct 4 and 7. In our discussion he seemed to give me quite a bit of hope because my plaque is not calcified, which apparently doesn't happen in every case and is best when treating with Xiaflex. Got erect measurements today with a starting curve of 50 degrees dorsal and 5 degrees left. The erection medication was no big deal, much less of a poke than I though. Since traction is a major part of the protocol with Xiaflex, I requested a PeniMaster Pro device since the noose on my Size Genetics is basically like getting hung and there isn't enough of a stretch from the Phallosan Forte. Glad to have the benefits because that is another $400 that I don't have to shell out. I will make sure to keep a very detailed account to give y'all hope.

Cheers,

Quack

skunkworks

Has he done many Xiaflex injections before? From reading other treatment accounts on here, the operator skill matters a lot with regards to your end result from Xiaflex.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

QuackAttack

Yes, Dr. Dean is the military expert in Peyronies for the US Army. He is the only URO at Walter Reed that even deals with Peyronies. He has done Xiaflex many times. He said he has experienced great results with people that do not have calcified plaque and poor results when people have calcified plaque. Dr. Dean took measurements of exactly where the plaque was based on a stretched flaccid penis and the ultrasound. The first round is done with ultrasound to hit the exact location he wants and then he moves a few millimeters in each direction during each successive round to break up the plaque. While I know there are risks, I will try all available treatment options that are non-surgical. I just want Captain Hook to go away!!!

Pfract

That is very brave of you, to pursue xiaflex dude... good luck with the treatment plan and at least me, keep me updated. Hopefully you will have good results. I challenge you to post photos of your progress as well. That would be awesome!

skunkworks

Quote from: QuackAttack on September 27, 2016, 08:47:56 PMThe first round is done with ultrasound to hit the exact location he wants and then he moves a few millimeters in each direction during each successive round to break up the plaque.

That sounds about as good as it can get, ultrasound guided injection should be the standard for Xiaflex in my opinion. Sounds like you are in good hands QuackAttack, I hope you get a great result.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

QuackAttack

Pfract,

I absolutely plan to provide photographic documentation of the progress.  Some days may be easier than others since I coach my son's football team and we are only 1/2 through the season. Once that is done, I should have 3-4 months of easy going till I start up with baseball.