News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Shock

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilo

:o waiting for first appointment with the Andrologist ( note that most posts talk about Urologists?) - what I know about Peyronie's disease is purely from the web but looks like there is no 'cure'. I have a wife 16 years younger ( I am 56 ) and she is devastated as it feels like the end of a 'natural' sex life for us both. She was hoping for another child but as intercourse is now a challenge ( tiring and unfulfilling for us both ). I feel if she reads up about it she will be more upset - she suffers from Fibromyalgia so stress causes a variety of debilitating symptoms, so the future looks somewhat bleak as a 40 year old woman does not want to contemplate a life of celibacy from now on. Any other members felt the same ?  Is this scar tissue caused by an 'injury'!?  :-[  

Paolo

Pilo, sorry to hear that.

I am 54 Years old and have peyronie's now for 3-4 Years,  I just woke one morning to find a 25-30 degree bend on dorsal side below the glans.
Peyronie's disease is a relatively common problem in men  40-60 Years of age (I think it's underreported), although you will see from some posts on this site that other members have it from as young as 19 Years old, which must be devastating.

It is characterized by the complaints of penile curvature and/or pain during an erection. The pain of Peyronie's disease can be present even without the presence of an erection.
It seems scar tissue develops with age and due to microtears during sex.

You should try the following supplements

Acetyl L Carnitine (with Alpha Lipoic Acid)

Magnesium Glycinate/Lysinate 200-400mg a day, this will help for pain as Magnesium is a muscle relaxant, It should also help with your wife's Fibromyalgia.

You can also get a magnesium spray that you rub into your skin and is absorbed easily by transdermal means.

Hope the appointment with Andrologist goes well meanwhile keep posting.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

frank_a_c

Hi,
Considering that (I assume) you already have a prominent curvature, I recommend that you look into some of the threads on here regarding traction therapy and VED devices and follow their advice and warnings to a T. I was also just blindsided by this (I'm 31), and am muddling through the fierce emotions, but after an exhaustive amount of research it seems that these are a  promising approach in the early stages when done CAREFULLY and coupled with supplements and, if you can get it, the Pentox and perhaps ED drugs. I am starting this approach myself for hourglassing and hinging peyronies.  They guys on the threads know better than me. Look up the user "Old Man", his experience is valuable.

It is scary and psychologically draining. Your wife should help you find a way forward.  There are treatments. Based on reading, starting now while you're in the early stages is the way to go.  

Paolo

Pilo, on a side note ask you wife to investigate apple cider vinegar for Fibromyalgia (see below)

Apple cider vinegar does not treat fibromyalgia per se, it has been reported to alleviate many of the symptoms experienced by those living with fibromyalgia, potassium in ACV combats fatigue.

Apple cider vinegar helps raise the body's pH levels which decreases acidosis, a major factor in pain management, it is relatively inexpensive and may be worth a shot, it would also be good for you also nut make sure it is raw unpasteurised ACV
:)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.