News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Previous topic - Next topic

smithy365

Really glad to have found this group. Have had Peyronie's for about 2 years. Currently under no treatment. Had pretty much given up hope, but then I found this site, and have spent hours reading others' suggestions and experience.  Have a little spark of hope now!

Here are my details....

Age?  51

What did your medical doctor conclude?  Nothing could be done.

How long have you had symptoms?  2 years

What are your symptoms?  About 30 or more degrees left curvature or buckle

What treatments have you tried and what were the results? Colchicine. I don't know if it did any good at all. At first the Doc thought it was improving (the plaque). Was on it for almost a year, he decided that it wasn't working and took me off of it.  We discussed the injections, but he said that the results were not that great. That was pretty much it. Honestly, I left his office feeling quite devestated.  I can still have intercourse, but I wonder for how long.

Do you have insurance or means to get medical treatment? Yes

Where are you in dealing with the psychological aspects of Peyronies Disease?  I am blessed to have a wonderful, loving wife of 32 years. That helps a lot. But it is still very hard to deal with.

Having read many, many posts, I have decided to try some heat, manual modeling/stretching, and I have ordered a VED.

I have lots of questions.  

Thanks to all who have contributed. It is nice to be able to connect with others going through the same thing.

Jonbinspain

Smithy;

I would look at traction also. It should help mitigate any further curvature.

I would think that after 2 yrs there's a good chance that you're out of the active phase, so further worsening hopefully won't be a problem.

Re Xiaflex, which I assume is what you're referring to; results have been varied. I would recommend that you see a urologist well practiced in the use of it. The injections are very precise and you need a well qualified administrator of them.  It is also very expensive, but if your Ins Co. will  pay, then investigate it.

Overall penile health is more the key to keeping your sex life going, assuming the curvature isn't causing a major problem. Look at the various supplements to see those that will help with increased blood flow.

If the worst comes to the very worst, surgery can be the answer.  

smithy365

Thank you.  

I have insurance, but it is pretty much worthless. Every single prescription that I need has been questioned, and I have had to get a special letter from my doctor stating that it is "medically necessary".... (Not related to Peyronies Disease) In fact, they were questioning the colchicine just before the Doc took me off of it.

Also, I am in need of knee surgery, which was supposed to be a week ago, but was cancelled the day before because the ins. co. does not think it is "medically necessary"..... So needless to say, I highly doubt that it would be covered.  

I ordered a cheap pump on eBay last night, I am going to try using the protocol information from this site and see what happens.

Some of the info the guys have posted make a lot of sense.  After reading about the bend that "Old Man" was able to repair (45 degrees in 2 directions)  I was sold on the VED method.

Jonbinspain

As a Brit living in Spain, I don't have much experience of that kind of thing. We have a free public healthcare system, both in the UK and here in Spain.

Although I did have private health care insurance when I was working. Can you not change the Ins Co?

Go with the VED and try it. Just be very careful how you use it. Never over pump, and release pressure immediately if you experience any pain. The unit you've bought should have a quick pressure release button. It's dangerous if it does not!  

smithy365

Yes, it sucks.....but it is what it is...........The cheap VED that I ordered does have a quick release button. I will be careful.