Eligibility for Xiaflex treatment

Previous topic - Next topic

FUPD

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to an official page with a detailed list of ALL the criteria used to recruit patients for the Xiaflex trials or to establish the eligibility of patients for treatment following the drug's approval.

Specifically I want to know if any visualisation (i.e. ultrasound, MRI, etc) of the peyronie's plaque was required or if palpation alone was sufficient. Also, does anyone know if a negative or inconclusive finding on MRI is grounds for exclusion from treatment even when the plaque is very much palpable?

I've tried searching for this online but haven't had any luck.

thanks for your help.

Rob

EDIT (08/07/2016): OK so I found the full list of requirements for participation on the Xiaflex phase III trial page and they don't mention MRI or ultrasound. But my main question is to all the people who have had Xiaflex, did you get an MRI or ultrasound first, and was your plaque visible on that scan? If not, were you refused treatment as a result?

I'm asking because I have had an MRI done, and it doesn't look like a typical Peyronie's MRI and my doctor does not want to go ahead with Xiaflex on that basis. Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated. thanks.