Xiaflex Timeline

Previous topic - Next topic

Dros

For those of you who had success with Xiaflex, can you elaborate on how soon after the injections you saw your curvature getting better? It's been 5 days since my first round of shots and if anything the curvature has gotten worse... but maybe the drug needs more time to do its magic?

healthadvocate

I had dramatic improvement right after the first two injections. It could have been right after the first, but I didn't have an erection until a week or two after the second injection (per dr. instructions and manufacturer instruction). Right away though my penis seemed larger (not just the swelling-longer too) and it had its old left curve back! I went from 85 degrees straight up to 40 degrees left (had left curve entire life of at least 20 degrees)  and 40 degrees up. Plus I gained at least an inch and some thickness. Wow- a life changer. Dr. said very unusual to get such results so quickly. Hence, we might stop after second round which I just started.

Lucketts

Congratulations on the good result, HealthAdvocate.  Who is your urologist?  Thanks.

Crooked_Stick

Hey Healthadvocate....could you tell us the location of the injection and maybe something about the characteristics of any scar tissue that you could feel or see with ultrasound prior to the injections?

Thanks!! :D
Born 1960, Diagnosed 2013
Initial 40 degree bend, 1" loss, Xiaflex 3 rds of 2 injections
Current 25 degree bend, no palpable plaque, 1/4" loss
VED 5-6 days/week, traction daily,
TRT 20 ml twice weekly, Cialas 3 mg - No ED - Doing Well!

lv1234

Xiaflex treatments were a godsend for me. After two years of oral treatments and traction, curvature was getting worse growing to about 40%. After two courses six weeks apart, from Dr. Gelbard in Burbank, the bend was reduced to 10%. I opted for third course and saw no additional improvement. But no complaints. Worked out better than I could have imagined. Thought. Dr. Gelbard is very professional and informative. After much prodding got Anthem BC/BS to pick up about 80% of the cost but now understand that isn't as difficul. The issues with swollen injection sites and bruising are trivial (at least for me) in view of the overall result. I had terrible bruising.

If I did this again. Would start with the Xiaflex inquiries first with a doctor who has already done many. I found out about Xiaflex on this forum in 2013 and think I wasted about two years on pills and traction. That's my personal experience.