Has anyone gone for a 5th round of Xiaflex?

Previous topic - Next topic

bucfan

Hello all, I finished my 4 rounds of Xiaflex last August. I have been using a traction device for the past 9 months and am due to have a check in with my uro next Monday. I still have a 40 degree bend to the left...I started with an 85 degree bend, all of the benefit came from the second round of Xiaflex. Traction has helped a bit with erection strength, length and maybe girth. My question for the doctor next week is either VED or another round of Xiaflex. Has anyone else been successful in getting their doctor and insurance company approve an extra round?

Gulliver

That's quite an improvement!  I'm wondering if you managed to get that 5th round approved yet.  I just had pre-approval from my insurance, but I anticipate a need for more rounds than the standard 4 as my curvature is quite bad.  

I was wondering if I might inquire what traction device you were using to get such an improvement?

bucfan

Hello Gulliver, thanks for responding. I saw the doctor during early May...he told me that he was leaving his current practice in MA and relocating to the mid-west. From that point on he pretty much rushed me out of the office. He said he did not think a 5th round would be of any benefit to me. I promptly made an appointment to see another doctor that has Xiaflex experience (Dr. Conners) to get another POV; I see him in 3 weeks.
I have used the US Physiomed traction device. You will need your urologist to give you a referral code as they do not sell from a website, only via a urologists approval. It is time consuming for sure. I have been wearing it 2 hours a day for 10 months now...my current doctor said that you need to wear it for 9 months...after a year, there most likely will not be any additional benefit gained. I do think it has helped with the firmness of my erections and the length a bit...I do not feel that it has done much, if anything for the curve however.
Good luck to you and please feel free to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you.