Hello from Switzerland. 47yo, Peyronies Disease for 7 weeks. Actions taken.

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkibald

Hello all,

I am grateful that this forum exists. Your posts have given me hope, insight and inspiration. Thanks!

I'm 47, fit, run a flat 5K in 20min, don't smoke, rarely drink alcohol and have a wifey who is vegetarian, so my food is mostly healthy.
However: My dad has Dupuytren fingers, my grandmother had too, and my testoterone is low, so I'm in the risk group - which I know now.

My Peyronies Disease progression has been fast. All was good, straight and nice on March 1st, 2016. Then, within a week, a 90 degree curvature upwards-to-the-left developed, despite (to my best knowledge) no injury or anything unusual. I knew immediately what the disease was, so I went directly to a urologist and sure enough, I got diagnosed Peyronies Disease, by means of an ultrasound that showed two hard deposits, 21mm and 3mm. The doc told me, that nothing could be done. "Eat 12g of PABA per day, and come back in half a year for surgery". I went directly home, told wifey the situation, and started reading books, and internet sites, including this forum, where I have spent 7h22min.

I visited one more urologist who said "Come back in a year for surgery". Then ten days ago, I had a good telephone talk with a third urologist, Dr Levine in Chicago. His advice was well in line with what you guys have referred, and I fully understand why you recommend him. Thanks for the hint!

I have no pain, and I can't feel any plaque. Or maybe I don't know what to feel for? The only signs of Peyronies Disease is the curvature, and the hard internal deposits.

ACTIONS taken:

1. TRACTION
I bought a rod-type extender and then a Phallosan Forte. However, I didn't like the comfort of the rod-type, and I question the traction assesment of the Phallosan. There is too much friction in that design for it to be accurate. So I redesigned the traction devices (I'm a design engineer), 3D printed an adapter, and now have a hybrid device that is both very comfortable and manages to pull according to dr Levines recommendations. After a few days of adaptation I have done 7-8h of traction every night since April 17th.

2. PILLS
I eat all the usual: Pentox (only since April 15th, as it was difficult to get a prescription), L-Arginine, L-Carnitin, Fish oil, Serrapeptase, PABA (only 3g per day), Natokinase, CoQ10.

3. LINIMENTS
I started DMSO application twice daily, two days ago.

RESULTS:
1) No further progression in curvature. The 90 degree remains unchanged and rock solid.
2) A second ultrasound, on April 20th, showed that the tiny plague was gone and that the larger one has reduced by around 30%.
3) A Doppler flow check, also on April 20th, showed a normal penile blod flow. This parameter was unfortunately not measured at the first ultrasound in March.
4) Apart from the Peyronies Disease I feel healthier than ever! The Peyronies Disease event has taught me to listen to my body and only eat stuff that is good for me.

I know, I have a long, challenging, and interesting journey ahead, but I feel safe and supported in this forum, where I expect to be for some time.
I look forward to the day when one of us cracks the code to a cure and spreads the word.

Cheers from the Alps!
Arkibald