Xiaflex dissolves the scar tissue?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dared

I read an article online that stated that xiaflex dissolves the scar tissue. But from what I've heard around the forum this is incorrect... Feel free to give your opinions. Thanks.

Dared

Here is some of what I've read. Note the beginning part: FDA-approved medication for Peyronies Disease

COLLAGENASE CLOSTRIDIUM HISTOLYTICUM (CCH) is a proprietary combination of two enzymes found in cell-free filtrates from cultures of the bacterium Clostridium Histolyticum. This mix of powerful enzymes is highly specific for collagen, the molecular constituent of scar tissue. It is capable of dissolving this scar tissue at normal body temperature and pH, reducing the curving or distorting effect scar creates in the erectile bodies (corpora cavernosa) of the penis. That it is highly specific for collagen and harmless to other structural or circulating proteins, and that it binds tightly and quickly to collagen at the injection site without the tendency to spread through tissues contributes to its safety profile. It has been FDA approved for use in the hand (treating Dupuytren's contractures) since 2011, and in December 2013 was approved for use in Peyronies Disease. This biologic agent (it is not technically a drug) is in a completely new class compared to the existing therapeutic agents discussed above. Because it is the first non-surgical treatment to be tested extensively for safety and effectiveness in international multi-institutional clinical trials, it is supported by evidence gathered under more stringent and exacting conditions than in any other study of Peyronies Disease treatment.

LWillisjr

I'm not sure what part of the forum you are referring where we disagree with this. Maybe the word dissolving is a little strong. But yes the way Xiaflex works is to make the plaque more pliable. I don't know that is completely dissolves or removes it.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Dared

Most on the forum say that xiaflex makes the plaque more pliable. The word dissolve implies that it makes the plaque completely disappear. But if that were the case, xiaflex would basically be a peyronies cure and we all know that it's not...