First year progress-looking for advice?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrenoch1

I am. 60 years old and of good health.  I noticed a change starting a year ago with a dent.  Then curve and the dent progressed to current state.  23% curvature .  Need to know best suggestion for non invasive treatment options.
[/img][/ftp]

QuackAttack

Mrenoch,

The first thing you need to do is go to a competent urologist that specializes in Peyronies. Hopefully, you will not progress beyond 23 degrees. By all accounts of people  60-70 degrees or more, that isn't as devastating because you should still be able to have intercourse.

If you see  a URO and he says wait and see or you can't do anything, take a hike and find someone else.

Don't fall for all of the potions on the internet, they are all worthless.  The things that work are traction, VED and some meds. From my experience PENTOX, has not worked, but James1947 had success with PENTOX. This is to say this condition is a pisser (couldn't help myself) and not everything works for every person. What worked for James hasn't worked for me, at least not yet. I have been on Pentox for just over 4 months, I hate meds and it is the only med I am on and have seen no improvement. Traction has helped about 5 degrees during my first 5 months and I haven't seen additional improvement to date. Next up is to get my URO to prescribe a VED, which he didn't seem to think would be beneficial, but Dr. Levine uses them and others on the forum have had good results like James1947. The one thing this condition tries to teach you is patience and it isn't easy being patient when your package is damaged.

Jonbinspain

What QuackAttack says is correct, the first thing you have to understand is that you're in this for the long haul. Unless you're the luckiest guy alive, it ain't going to go away away tomorrow!