Wearing traction device upside down? (= rotated 180 around axis of penis)

Previous topic - Next topic

monekymindcontrol

On my follow-up visit to my uro, he suggested that I switch to wearing my traction device upside down, since my curvature is already dorsal and the securing mechanism of the device causes the last inch or so of the penis to "kink" in the dorsal direction.

To clarify what I mean by this: I have the sizegenetics device, in which a silicone "lasso" loops under the head to secure the penis in the device, so that loop makes the head above it bulge upwards. By "upside down" the uro meant: rotate the device 180 around the axis extending along the penis, so the silicone loop runs along the *bottom* edge of the head.

Has anyone ever heard of this technique? I am kinda beginning to suspect that my uro is just winging it a lot of the time (he has clearly never tried this thing out on his own penis and doesn't totally seem to get how attaching it works). The problem is that it's MUCH harder to secure the device in that orientation because the penis head doesn't have a lip on that side under which you can secure the loop. The only thing I can find that works uses a silicone loop with a flat bit in the middle, and then I wrap a bit of bicycle tube around the whole penis to distribute the force to prevent pinching. I can make it work but it takes like 7 tries and at least 5 minutes every time. I had been real good about wearing the device before, but in the last 2 weeks with the upside down system, I've ended up skipping a lot because I just don't have time to deal with putting it back on every time I pee etc.

So if this is just some nonsense my uro made up on the spot, I'm inclined to go back to the standard orientation. Even if that kink in the last inch is a bit counterproductive, I still feel like consistent use in a not perfect orientation is better than half-hearted occasionally use in a better orientation. Can anyone else speak to this orientation? I got no hits searching this forum for "upside down"...

QuackAttack

Monkey,

I think this is nonsense. I can't even imagine how it would hold. The noose fits against the indentation of the gland and the white comfort strap is useless even in the correct position.

LWillisjr

There have been similar discussions on this. I don't see how it would make a difference. When I wore mine I could point it up or down, which I think would do the same thing.

Also there is an argument that the traction is evenly spread over the Tunica. So logically the most tension is going to occur where you want it, which would be the area where the plaque/Tunica is not expanding.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

shodanman

I had my first symptoms two weeks ago with a painless upwards-pointing curvature appearing overnight. I've been applying traction for a week now (with Andropenis) and I noticed that the end of my penis was being kinked upwards during its use. As my curve is quite close to the head, I was concerned that this kink might reduce the effectiveness of the traction and so two days ago I inverted the device and found the effect to be, for me, much better.  For a start, the affected side of my penis is now arrow-straight when under tension, with the glans pointing slightly downwards. The tension also feels better and the top of my penis is now visibly tighter than the underside. If the new Andropeyronie device is designed to apply lateral directional traction then the same concept should also apply ventrally too, no?

It's a bit of a fiddle to put on but I've got it nailed now. Anyway I'm sticking with it for now and I'll feedback on the results, if any, in a few months...