When is it time to give up?

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltage

"Non-surgical treatments work better in men with Peyronies Disease for less than six months, and men with pain and a smaller curve in the penis. Unfortunately, in the long term, non-surgical treatments are often not very successful for straightening the penis." -- https://www.andrologyaustralia.org/your-health/peyronies-disease/, under the Treatment tab, final bullet point.

Hey guys, my names James, most know me by my username. I've had peyronies for a little more than 2 years now. I jumped on medications and traction devices from the very get-go. While I did see changes within the first six months of .5 inches in length, as well as some straightening of the shaft, that was the end. For over a year and a half now with on-again, off-again traction, I've seen no positive changes. I think my plaque has calcified. Does that mean it's time to give up? I'm capable of having sex and I can maintain erections with megalis. Should I be happy with that and call the quits?

I never ended up getting an x-ray to see exactly where the plaque was, but I can feel the bend begin all the way back into my pubic bone on the left. (Especially when I pump blood into my shaft with kegels). Maybe I can't stretch it back into shape with a Phallosan forte. What do you guys think I should do now?

Loss of erections since 2014.
Slight bend to left, used to be straight.
8 Hrs of Phallosan Forte daily.
20mg Tadalafil from River Pharmacy daily.
Two unique c*ck rings for maintenance.
Erection quality sufficient for s*x when all used together.

ewra

Well if I were you I wouldnt recommend doing anything outside of medical advice. My Peyronies Disease wasnt so bad until my gf tried to straighten it out of her curiosity to see how long it would be if I weren't curved. Bad idea. My Peyronies Disease flared up, and all the symptoms worsened. I dont know how old you are, but if you're young like me (21), then you may feel some urgency to get a healthy penis back. Just wait for better treatments to come out and raise awareness etc to speed that process up. I've managed to mentally deal with it by learning how have a relationship and sex without a working penis. I've learnt a lot of about girls from having Peyronies Disease that I wouldnt have otherwise learnt if my penis was fine. In some ways Peyronies Disease has enriched my life, now I just hope that I can be rid of Peyronies Disease while keeping the lessons it has taught me.  
Thinking that the impermanent is permanent will always result in suffering experienced as loss.

Voltage

Ewra, you're very emotionally strong for someone of your age. I'm not much older than you (24). Peyronies would be any man's worst nightmare, yet here we are living past it. I hope medicine does get better soon. Thanks for commenting and I hope it gets better for you.

I decided to get an X-ray. Initially my first Uro asked why I'd even bother, so I ended up declining it.

Old Man

Note to new members:

Take the advice of an old 86 year old coot who has had Peyronies Disease symptoms come and go several times in the past 60 plus years.

THERE IS NEVER, EVER, EVER ANY TIME TO GIVE UP ON FINDING AT LEAST SOME RELIEF FROM PEYRONIES DISEASE AND/OR ED SYMPTOMS. YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT COMBINATION OF THE RIGHT THERAPY/REMEDY!!

Just keep looking and trying until you may or may not find the answers!! Today, I have fully recovered from my symptoms and can still have any sexual activity I want to do using the VED for erections!!!

Regards to all.  Old Man  
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

LWillisjr

Quote from: Voltage on April 01, 2016, 07:01:27 PM
While I did see changes within the first six months of .5 inches in length, as well as some straightening of the shaft, that was the end. For over a year and a half now with on-again, off-again traction, I've seen no positive changes. I think my plaque has calcified. Does that mean it's time to give up? I'm capable of having sex and I can maintain erections with megalis. Should I be happy with that and call the quits?

First of all I completely agree with Old Man, never give up. Never give up hope to think that you can't do anything about your condition. But also I knew that I would never be 'back to normal'. I simply wanted to be fairly straight again and to be able to make love to my wife. And this is what I achieved. So I am not perfect, but I got back to where I wanted to be.

So that is the question you have to ask yourself. You say you can have sex and maintain erections. Don't ask us if you should be happy..... the question is to you, are you happy?

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Voltage

I believe my plaque is calcified now. I'm not sure if traction will do it anymore. Can traction reshape peyronies that has been calcified?

LWillisjr

In general, my understanding is that once plaque has calcified you can't "un-calcify it". And I confirmed this with Dr. Levine. But not all plaques completely calcify. But there are a few posts on the forum from members who do believe their calcified plaques later softened.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Jonbinspain

My Andrologist/surgeon is also of the opinion that nothing much can be done with calcified plaque.

Modern surgical techniques are about as risk free as this type of delicate surgery can be. Assuming you have a competent surgeon. But there is always an element of risk attached.

You have to ask yourself how bad is your curvature. How badly is it affecting you mentally, sexually, etc. if you feel you still have function, then maybe the risk and the expense isn't worth it.  

Noway

traction is like a job you need to do it at least 6 hours a day for a year 2 hours on 1 hour off then back on again take 2 days off a week for a year to really notice anything missing days and not being dedicated is useless that is why its hard for people to stick to it and notice any real improvements. never give up.