when did your swelling go down?

Previous topic - Next topic

epoc

It has been 9 days since the surgery and there is still significant swelling. Is this a reason to go to hospital? I had the nesbit procedure they shortened the dorsal side.

Jonbinspain

I would say no. Swelling is normal after surgery of this type. However, if the swelling shows no signs of gradually subsiding I would consult your urologist.  

NeoV

After my VED injury, it's been nearly three years and it's not gone. It has greatly diminished quote a bit though and I'm very thankful for that. Not sure about surgery ><

epoc

Ok I went to hospital. Theyre giving me antibiotics via IV

NeoV

Good call, I regret not reading you asked if you should go to the hospital. Infection can definitely happen after surgery. Let us know how it goes and try not to feel alone, we are here for ya!  

epoc

Had an abscess break out. I was just wondering about the loss off length after surgery. Pre surgery If I measured along the curve then its 25cm but straightened out its 22cm. Obviously Im not seriously concerned about the size. Just wondering If its around 3cm minus from 22 or 25

Jonbinspain

They should have given you strong antibiotics, anti inflammatories, and pain killers before you left the hospital. I automatically assumed that they would have done this. Did they not?  

ewra

Thinking that the impermanent is permanent will always result in suffering experienced as loss.

epoc

The infection isnt going down. Having another surgery today

Jack1909

31 yrs old
Severe congenital curvature. 3 straightening surgeries
Big lump/stitch w/ left deviation after 2012 surgery
Severe ED after last one in 2014. Still crooked
Slightly improved w/ shockwave therapy
Looks like only one side of my penis works

epoc

They operated on the infection area. Not sure exactly how it went Since Im seeing the doctor tomorrow. At least it was far quicker operation lasting like 90 minutes At most

epoc

OK I heard the surgery went really smoothly and was A small one. They made another small hole to drain the fluids or Smth and now finally the swelling is down

epoc

Ok I'm updating the situation a bit. So they made 2 revisions in the hospital because of the infection. Nothing serious I think. Now 3 months after the operation I still have a really tiny hole like 2mm in diameter in the foreskin that continues to the sulcus (dno?, the doctor wrote something like that in my patient log) of the penis,oh and yeah the hole is called a " fistel" I hope it's the same in english because I'm from Finland and can't help you guys if that word means nothing in english. The hole emits brown fluid. My erections are straight and normal now but the foreskin is really tight and I guess it won't retract properly because of the fistell. It's like a hole with with this red folded tissue that is around the area where the foreskin connects to the penis. So they have me booked a third revision with possible circumision in 2 months or so. The doctor also said I have lots of foreskin.

So my question from you guys is that do you think after the possibly succesfull(?) revision will my erections be longer? I was 24cm curved before the nesbit operation (21cm straightened out as straight as I could) and now it's only 17cm. I mean yeah kinda first world problems because 17cm is well above average, but you can imagine the "Shock" of going from 24(or 21, I dno how you consider it) to "merely" 17cm. 7cm is a massive loss.

Sorry about the english I'm from Finland

JohnWright

Ok, I have my tape measure in hand.

Dude, 17 centimeters is still generous.

There comes a point where you have to get down on your knees and be grateful. You said you're straight now. You are more than a penis. And, your penis isn't a trophy.

Even if you ended up at 13 centimeters, I'd be cheering you on, and kicking you out the door.

Jonbinspain

Man, sometimes the old ones are true!..

It ain't what you've got, it's what you can do with it!....

Jack1909

I also lost 7/8 cm in length and it's a pretty shocking feeling. When you lost so much length you simply do not see your penis as you used to, and this can leads to some problems. I can understand. I mean 2/3 cm is okay, but 7/8 it's like cutting it off.  
31 yrs old
Severe congenital curvature. 3 straightening surgeries
Big lump/stitch w/ left deviation after 2012 surgery
Severe ED after last one in 2014. Still crooked
Slightly improved w/ shockwave therapy
Looks like only one side of my penis works

JohnWright

Jack1909 -- For frame of reference, a man that has a five inch dick and loses one inch due to some aspect of Peyronie's or its treatment, this man's anxiety and male psychology I can 100% appreciate.

You didn't say where you started in length, or where you finished, only what the difference was.

But EPOC is left with a full six inches.

I would have shared the same male pride if I had nine inches to strut about with, as did EPOC at the beginning. Totally. You bet. But pride is one thing.

Gratitude that one has six inches of functioning member remaining in the world of curved dicks is pretty darn spectacular based on the countless stories of men here on the Forum.

redbullmaster

HI Epoc,

You don't say how much curve you had to start with, you should be the size of the shorter side of your penis.

What you can do is hold head of your penis and stretch it straight out in front of you for a couple of minutes 5 or 6 times a day.

Your penis has probably retracted a little bit from the surgery.

I would also look into VED to help get it back out of your body.

I'm guessing if you used a VED for about a month you get back about an inch which is hiding from you.

ArtDude

Im on day 8, moving to 9 and foreskin is still pretty swollen. Doc says it's all good, so I'm not too worried
ArtDude, from Canada
28yo, I used to have congenital curvature (90deg down curve). I had a successful surgery in 2016 (26 yo) with Dr Egydio. Living happily ever since.

Read my story and see my progress report  on this forum

epoc

Sorry for not replying. My curve was about 50 degrees downwards. I will think about buying a VED though I'm not very optimistic about these sort of "torture devices"

NeoV

Has anyone had hand or feet numbness or swelling after penile surgery? That would be quite helpful to know!

My swelling from the VED incident has went down slightly over the years to an acceptable level, but I still find it troubling and the resulting "watery" feeling I have in my hands and body. I'm starting to think it's all related to my blood sugar, despite a near flawless diet and healthy body composition.