Congenital Curvature. Surgery next week

Previous topic - Next topic

K.Bouter

Hello everybody,

I am 28 years old and as long as I can remember I have a curved penis. I never measured the curve exactly but I guess the curve is around 35 degrees downward and it is bending to the left as well (I guess this curve around 20 degrees). I can have sexual intercourse but some positions are not possible and I hate the fact that I need to explain myself everytime before 'getting started', which sometimes results in not getting started at all because I am not in the mood anymore.

In the Netherlands my doctor adviced me to undergo a Nesbit surgery. I know the guy is quite decent, he performs at least one Nesbit surgery every week. However, I felt he was not honest to me about the risks involved (he mentioned that besides the loss in penile length, the surgery is safe and told me there are no other risks involved).

After browsing the internet, I decided to go to Dr. Franklin. I will go to Vienna to have a test next week and if all goes well, a STAGE surgery the day after.
My reason for choosing the STAGE technique is that it seems much safer.

Any comments from you guys on my decision? I really hope I made the right choice and I will be straight soon.

Jonbinspain

You are talking about Dr Franklin Kuehhas, I believe. You are in very good hands, he is one of the top surgeons in the world at this type of surgery.

If he decides at the surgery is a viable option, it will almost certainly be The Stage Technique that he will use.

You can read about it here:

ACPCT Center - Treatment of Curved and Bent Penis!stage-technique-curved-penis/c1qiu

K.Bouter

I am indeed talking about Dr Franklin Kuehhas. My experience with him has been good until now, but I still need to meet him in real life.

I think some forum members had a STAGE surgery before and I am really wondering what to expect. If I need to believe his academic paper his success rate was over 99% and no serious complications were recorded until now. So after the surgery I expect a normal penis after like 6 weeks. I would like to ask other forum members if this expectation is realistic or not.

Jonbinspain

I had the Egydio technique with Dr Kuehhas, including some grafting. I had an almost 90 degree dorsolateral curvature bug an now straight again.

Healing wise, six weeks is optimistic. Yes, you should hopefully be able to resume sexual activity after approx six weeks, but if my experience is anything to go by, complete healing is months not weeks.

I am just over three months post surgery, some of the internal sutures are still palpable and there is still a bit of soreness around the head where the incision is made to deglove the penis.  

K.Bouter

Thank you for the reply. Although I know our cases are different, I still appreciate it to hear experiences from actual patients like myself besides to the things the doctor has to say.  

Glad to hear the operation went smoothly for you and it seems that are getting there!