Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


ALL Members PLEASE Add a Signature line with age, history etc
More instructions here -> Signature Line - History - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Age 67 and suspect Peyronie's  (Read 1076 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • PDS Newbie
  • *
  • Country: us
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1
Age 67 and suspect Peyronie's
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »

About six months ago after doing a little research, I suspected I had Peyronies Disease. I initially went to my primary care physician who showed little interest and referred me to a urologist. His advice was let's wait and see as the condition usually stabilizes in 12-18 months. I've grown uncomfortable with this approach. My question is this: first off it hasn't been definitively diagnosed as Peyronies Disease, so what would a completed Peyronies Disease workup entail, ie, Doppler scans, blood flow diagnosis, etc.?
Symptoms: crease on the underside of my penis with a slight downward bend, shortening, lousy erections, although some mornings I wake up with outstanding ones. Any advice or guidance on the matter would be greatly appreciated.


  • Major Contributor
  • ****
  • Country: es
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1167
Re: Age 67 and suspect Peyronie's
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »

First of all, find another Urologist. If it is Peyronies, and you don't make it clear if that is a diagnosis, waiting is the worst thing you can do. These Uros, who seem to know very little about this disease,  seem to advise the wait and see approach. It's wrong!  Spontaneous resolution of this disease is rare, it's far more likely that the disease will progress while he has you sitting & waiting.

You need a definitive diagnosis. If it is confirmed as Peyronies, it needs treating now,


  • Major Contributor
  • ****
  • Country: ro
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6667
  • Age 71. Peyronies from January 2009
Re: Age 67 and suspect Peyronie's
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:34:58 PM »


You may find a good urologist close to you here:,37.0.html
As Jonbinspain you have to be diagnosed and start treatment as soon as you can. Waiting is the worst thing to do!!!
To diagnose a plaque, usually done with ultrasound (Doppler scan)

Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe Erectile Dysfunction.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum


  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Country: jp
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2066
    • Neoman
Re: Age 67 and suspect Peyronie's
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »

As James says, a doppler is common practice among experts for diagnosing plaques. I would avoid any injection induced erections unless you have a serious kind of erectile dysfunction as in some cases it can cause scarring.

As you may know, the common treatments are traction and VED therapy, pentox and low dose Cialis, Citrulline, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, CoQ10, and any other supplement which will increase general penile health. The same goes for your diet and life style, increase nitric oxide production in the penis, improve your arterial health with exercise.

I highly recommend traction and VED therapy along with any of the above mentioned drugs and supplements.


  • Solid Contributor
  • ***
  • Country: us
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 139
Re: Age 67 and suspect Peyronie's
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »

You said that you had a slight downward bend.  You may be experiencing the very onset of Peyronies.  As the posts before me suggested, see a reputable urologist asap and you may be able to beat this early. 

At 67 you may need some erection help which you can get from prescription medications or by perusing the section on the forum for Alternative approaches to Peyronies.  There are a number of over the counter supplements which may help increase blood flow, thus better erections.

Please keep the forum posted as you progress with your uro and/or medication help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
7 Replies
Last post June 29, 2015, 11:52:34 AM
by kuaka
1 Replies
Last post May 29, 2017, 11:51:15 AM
by Paolo
4 Replies
Last post June 12, 2019, 07:30:52 AM
by NeoV