Erection vs VED

Previous topic - Next topic

buscador

Hi, maybe I'm wrong, because I've never used a VED and I don't know exactly how it works, but, if I can have good erections, would it have the same effect to try to have some erections daily and keep them for a couple of minutes instead of using a VED?
Do you think that trying to keep natural erections daily for some minutes would help to improve an indentation, the same way a VED does?
I'm using traction device for my peyronie, but I also have an indentation, and according to the forum seems that VED is the best way to fight against indentations. But if VED works like causing an erection, why not have it real an keeping it for some time (if we can), to achieve best/same results than using VED?
Thanks for your answers.

NeoV

I think holding erections for longer periods helps remodel the penis. I used to do this and still try to stay as hard as possible, and gently place my fingers at the base of my erection to encourage it to become as filled out as possible.

VED however, offers something different. It fills out your penis in a way you cannot. Even if you can get good erections, you may not even be able to fill out in the VED tube, since it's simply different. In an odd kind of way it seems to "clear things out," and make normal erections even easier.

I recommend doing both, but VED really is something else. It works so well that even after one usage you can feel an improvement , and studies seem to back this up. Be careful!!!!!!

Steveo

I'm wondering too if the VED not only helps "remodel" scars but increases lymphatic flow to the penis which helps heal chronic wounds.

Several months ago I injured my penis by bending it 90 degrees upward halfway down the shaft after "missing the mark" during vigorous sex.  The tunica ruptured slightly, the penis bruised thoroughly, the bruising faded after two weeks, and shortly thereafter two dents arose on the left and right sides of the shaft where it had folded.

These dents grew worse and worse until, during an erection, the one on the left was about a 5mm indentation and the one on the right was about 3mm.

I started traction once the brusing was healed.  After a couple of months of that I realized that the dents were getting worse.  So then I started VED.  After only a few weeks I started to see improvement and now, after about 2.5 months of VED, the dents are almost completely healed (1mm on left, 0.5mm on right) with some structural weakness that seems to be getting better each day.

The point is that I don't think scar tissue would have formed, and then healed, in a matter of a couple of months.  Therefore I believe that the dents were caused by chronic wound/inflammation and the VED has been doing something like drawing blood, oxygen, and/or lymph/interstitial fluid into the penis to help heal the wound.  Since I can't compare what would have happened had I not done anything (or done something else), I can't draw firm conclusions.  But I do know that the dents started "popping out" soon after I employed the VED so there was either some sort of causation or it was quite a coincidence.

Jonbinspain

Put simply,  The action of using a VED introduces a continual stream of fresh, oxygen rich arterial blood into the penis. Used correctly, this should help with penile health.  

NeoV

Steveo it's great to hear an update on your condition and I'm very glad VED is helping you.
VED certainly does seem to drawn blood to the damaged areas unlike normal erections can.

I think you're on to something and I've wondered that myself. I think dents and bending can be caused by hematomas which form after trauma and are trapped under layers of the tunica. After sexual activity I used to have a lot of bending, which would go away with traction as if I was letting the blood and inflammation escape by stretching the tissue.

Steveo

Thanks very much. The only issue I have is that I hesitate to say that the definitive reason the VED seems to help is because it draws blood or oxygen into the tissues.  It could be because it draws interstitial fluid into the area, or because it ruptures cells slightly and causes them to secrete some substance, or because it draws damaged cells away from the area, or any number of things, or all of those things.

There's something called "Negative pressure wound therapy" which appears to work because, in part, it draws stagnant fluid away from the wound.

So, I'm not sure why the VED seems to work, but it does, and in a way that is unrelated to scar remodeling. It may remodel scars as well, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't, but it does seem to be doing something else.  It would be interesting to know what.