Discount Source for Augusta Medical SomarectSTF (3 cyl.)

Previous topic - Next topic

andersonsb

Hi all,

This is my first post.  I hope I'm not violating any rules by mentioning a specific commercial site, with a question about the experience of other members when buying from that site.  If so I apologize in advance.  

In the course of my search for sources of the 3-cylinder VED systems I came across a company that seems to sell at significantly cheaper prices.  The company is called ATC Medical in Germantown, TN.  They sell a variety of medical stuff, including some of the Augusta VED systems.  The Augusta SomarectSTF, which usually retails or about $600 or sometimes a little higher (on Amazon, for example), is available for $460 from ATC Medical.  I did a search on our site for any feedback from buyers and found nothing.  I couldn't even find them listed with the BBB.  

Their website appears legit -- it has a physical address and publishes phone numbers, along with regular hours of operations.  

I'm a little nervous about buying a branded product from somebody other than the manufacturer or a very well known retailer.  One thing that's a little odd in this case is that they seem willing to sell these items without a prescription, while the manufacturer itself was not.  In the event of a warranty claim against the manufacturer down the road, would they try to wiggle on coverage by saying that the sale shouldn't have happened without a doctor's order?  

I would love to hear about the experience of anybody here who may have dealt with this organization in the past.  

Thank you very much.  Best wishes to everybody as they fight for control over their condition.  

andersonsb

New comment: if I am permitted, I would be happy to post the link to the website and the page with the product I'm referring to.  Would a moderator tell me whether this is allowed?  Thank you again.  

QuackAttack

Anderson,

If you think it is a good value, I would get it. Amazon backs up what is purchased through their site.

andersonsb

Hi Quack,
Thanks for your response.  The only concern I have is that the Amazon unit isn't really sold by Amazon.  It's a company called Medical Department Stores that sells ON Amazon -- unlike "Prime" or other sales where the product comes from Amazon directly.  If there's a problem, I'm not sure Amazon could really back me up.  I don't know Amazon's policies where there is a third-party seller who sells on their site, and a customer complains.  

The Amazon seller, Medical Department Stores, only offers a 10 day (!!) warranty.  After that they say it's manufacturer's warranty only.  But I've had the experience (in other businesses) of manufacturers saying they won't warrant an item if you didn't buy through them, or through an authorized dealer.  So that's what I'm afraid of -- ending up with a $600 piece of plastic that I can't use.  

Do you have any experience in this regard?  

Thanks again for your response.  

Jonbinspain

I bought one of my VED's from Medical department store. It was an Encore battery operated device. After about 8 weeks it stopped working, I contacted them and they got me a replacement head free of charge. Now, they probably got that from the manufacturer, but even so there was good customer service. I bought mine through EBay, BTW, where of course they need good feedback.  

QuackAttack

Anderson,

You still may be covered. A few years back, I bought a pitching machine for my son. We used it twice before the snow started falling and it being put away for the winter. When spring came, I brought back out and it was clear that it was a pile of cr@p. I was able to get my money back even though it was after the warranty period by a month because it wasn't really used and it couldn't throw a ball over the plate. Took the money and put it into getting the best pitching machine on the market. So, my experience with Amazon is solid for returns from an Amazon affiliate.

andersonsb

Thank you both for the feedback.  As luck would have it, our mutual friend Old Man contacted me offline with another idea for a solution.  I'm going to try what he suggested first -- it's good to know that Amazon is able to get its retailers to "toe the line" and make good on products that aren't up to snuff, so to speak.  

Thanks again.