Take the risk?

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver

I'm 65 years old and was diagnosed about two years ago and have had about 20% shrinkage and an upward curve that's approaching 90 degrees. Fortunately, the pain went away about a year ago and I've been using a blend of drugs and supplements as well as a VED to try and keep things from getting out of hand. I have no ED issues and am still easily aroused by my partner of nearly 45 years.

After turning 65 in December I've got a new healthcare provider to supplement Medicare and I haven't bothered to see if Xiaflex is covered by either insurance option.

Reading the results periodically on this website I really question if it's worth the risk to go under the needle. After my wife went through menopause about five years ago she really finds intercourse painful so our intimacies don't include penetration of her genitals and she doesn't seem to miss the intercourse. Soooo, at my age, and fully capable of strong erections and ejaculations by other means, why not just continue on the same course?

That's certainly my inclination.  

gringoviajero

I'm nearly 63 and have had it since 2010.  I'm getting Xiaflex, due for the 3rd cycle shortly.  I have soft plaque, which is rare and more difficult to treat.  It has helped.  I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to try Xiaflex.  All that scary stuff is way overdone.  Look at the numbers: .05% ruptures.  And I understand a couple of those were from stupid behavior, like aggressive sex.

Don't sweat the rupture scare.  Talk to U.S. Bioservices.  Ask what doctors in your area have gotten a lot of orders for Xiaflex.  USB orders it; they know.  They'll also tell you if your carriers will pay for it.  If your carrier pays, you have nothing to lose but the hook.  Start the modeling within 48 hours of the 2nd injection and keep it up for 2 weeks.  Screw the protocol.  It's too conservative and was designed for FDA approval.  Model aggressively using a variety of methods: traction, stretch strap, VED, manual.  You're NOT going to have a rupture.  Xiaflex will work, but not following that stupid protocol.