penile placation 1 year later

Previous topic - Next topic

scottp

I had the penile placation done a year ago and could not be happier that I had it done. I had a 90 deg bend and I was in so much pain. It took about 2 1/2 months after surgery for the pain to go away during sex. I lost some yardage but at least I am pain free.
I was going to a Urologist in Dallas. He recommended the surgery after other options failed. He could not give me anyone that he had performed the surgery on that would talk to me as a reference. I went looking for a new Dr and found Dr Morey at Ut Southwestern. He had written papers on it and had performed thousands of penile placation surgeries. Gave me a video of the surgery (one of his patients was so grateful he wanted to do the video for him) and the name and ph # of several patients all of whom gave great recomendations for him. He did the surgery on me last April and I am so grateful I found him.
If you go the surgery route, check out the Dr and talk to people he has operated on.
If you want to talk, pm me. I would be more than happy to share my experience.
Scott

NeoV

That's wonderful news Scott. Very happy to hear your positive results, makes me smile!

Patrickdonn

Scott,
I had the surgery by Dr. mcVary at St. John's in Illinois. He came highly recommended; I was actually referred to him by Northwestern University Hospital.
The surgery went ok I guess, much longer than he expected lasting about 4 1/2 hours for the graft and all. The pain is crazy! Admittedly, it is better than the first couple of days, but hasn't improved since then. Any idea how long this recovery is going to take? I could settle for not taking so much meds and not having an ice pack on my junk all the time.
Patrick