Does medicare cover treatment

Previous topic - Next topic

cfjjallen

I'm new to the site.I have medicare with a c plus through bc/bs,will they cover any treatment options?

LWillisjr

Our insurance expert is Stabler67. You might try to send her a message.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Lucketts

Provided you meet the curvature requirements, Medicare and BC/BS as a supplement DOES cover Xiaflex.

Stabler

Lucketts is correct, Medicare does cover Xiaflex and other treatments for peyronies even implants if criteria is met, your BCBS plan may cover as well picking up the remainder of your co insurance cost. please notice I said "MAY" All BCBS plans are not the same and the criteria for coverage may be different than someone elses, it may require an approval by BCBS in order for them to cover their part but your doctors office would need to obtain that approval for you if it is required.

You as the consumer should always call your insurance plans and check your benefits, know what your coverage is. This is crucial.

Any questions please feel free to ask me.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

cfjjallen