Never thought I would be here?

Previous topic - Next topic

auss1emike

Hello All
Right up front I will say I have a bit of a strange sense of humour and believe laughter is the best medicine. I do not mean to offends anyone so please let me know if I step over any boundaries.

The title says it all. I had heard of Peyronies in the past but never thought it would effect me. How we cruise through life thinking that - It Wont Happen To Me

I am an Australian living in the UK, 51 years young and had a sexually active (with my wife only), almost healthy life when I felt 'The Lump' about 2 months ago.

I was referred by my GP to the NHS and told to wait 6 months to see what happens. After reading a lot of stuff here an other online sites I see that waiting is the worst thing a bloke can do in this situation.

For that reason I will be doing all I can to try and get myself straightened out again.

I was wondering if anyone had tried Emu Oil to try and soften the scar tissue? It is known to dissolve stretch marks by softening the scar tissue.

Can anyone recommend a pump or splint that they find has worked?

I would say it is great to be a member here, but that would kind of like saying I wish a shark had bitten off my leg.

Thanks for having me.

Aussiemike

kuaka

Welcome to the place no man wants to be.

I built my own traction device, and my own VED device, both of which are posted here in the appropriate areas.  The key to ANY physical therapy is caution...it is easy to introduce new injury and thereby stimulate new scarring.

Also, I have just started a Magnesium Chloride supplement, as Magnesium deficiency seems to be foundational to all sorts of fibrosis issues, including this one.

I will be posting about any perceived results or non-results from this after a period of time.

Yes, "wait and see" is pretty much "wait and see how bad it gets if you do nothing"...  

kuaka

auss1emike

Thank you for the advice Kuaka

I am also looking into Magnesium Deficiency as this is prevalent here in the UK due to the trace element being virtually non-existent in food due to thousands of years of soil leeching. Doctors don't talk about anything very much, apart from what pill they can give you, or don't stress and wait and see.

I am not one to wait and see so it is off to the health food shop tomorrow for some supplements.

Aussiemike